It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:15 am

Free Newsletter

Ghosts....?!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Ghosts....?!

Postby ali76 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:59 pm

Here's an off beat topic for you....Do you believe in ghosts??

It's not so much that weird things are happening, but our new house feels kind of....well...weird?!

I've lived on my own for years and never thought anything of it, but when I'm on my own in the new house I feel quite uneasy....even Daryl has said the house is spooky at night.

Tell me it's just because it's new and we're not used to it yet! Daryl does one week in 4 of afternoon shifts where he doesn't get home until around 11 and it's not next week but the week after....I'm [email protected] myself already!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Re: Ghosts....?!

Postby Cac33 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Oh Ali that's freaky!!! :shock: :? I think it is quite possible that you aren't use to it & the different noises so fingers crossed the spookiness will pass soon.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby ali76 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:39 pm

We had a mirror fall off a wall at 6am on Good Friday, fans and lights on when we've got home (we could have left them on but neither of us have thought so...)...I don't know...it just feels funny!!

I think it freaked me out the most that when I said something about it to Daryl, he didn't tell me I was being silly!!

Shouldn't talk about it now....I'm about to go home :shock:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby Cac33 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:44 pm

Oh ah ok now I see your point, mirror falling, lights & fans on - that doesn't sound good at all (sorry I know you wanted positive re-enforcements but its SPOOKY).

I'm getting shivers down my spine just thinking of it! :shock: :? :?:

Maybe you should call the ghostbusters :lol: (sorry had to lighten the mood a little)
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:03 pm

Although I think otherwise .... IM SURE ITS JUST YOU GUYS GETTING USED TO THE NEW HOUSE :mrgreen:
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby electrongirl » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:25 pm

I totally believe in them!! Our microwave used to go off by itself when I was little and other things used to happen aswell. My oldest sister said that a lady used to talk to her at night and we didn't know who she meant.

And hey if those spunky Winchester boys believe it then I'm sold!! hehe

Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby qtpie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:55 pm

ali76 wrote:Here's an off beat topic for you....Do you believe in ghosts??

It's not so much that weird things are happening, but our new house feels kind of....well...weird?!

I've lived on my own for years and never thought anything of it, but when I'm on my own in the new house I feel quite uneasy....even Daryl has said the house is spooky at night.

Tell me it's just because it's new and we're not used to it yet! Daryl does one week in 4 of afternoon shifts where he doesn't get home until around 11 and it's not next week but the week after....I'm [email protected] myself already!!

I think that if you haven't felt that way about any other house and you have about this one then it's quite possible that there is something weird in that house. how old is the house???

I once felt un easy about my EX's house and especially in a certain room I later found out the my ex's brother killed himself i that room, I also felt something weird in my cousin's house, upstairs was fine but down stairs was cold as and she kept saying that the heater keeps mysteriously going up when no one turned it up, it was a beautiful old house but I would never sleep there
Stating date is 17th March 2008
SW: 91.1kg
CW: 88.1kg
GW: 68kg
Short Term Goal: 85 kg

FAILED
New starting date is 1st July 2009

Starting weight: 91.1kg
Amount of weight lost: 4.1kg
Current weigt loss: 87kg
Short term goal: 85kg
Long term goal: 68kg
qtpie

Postby qtpie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:56 pm

electrongirl wrote:I totally believe in them!! Our microwave used to go off by itself when I was little and other things used to happen aswell. My oldest sister said that a lady used to talk to her at night and we didn't know who she meant.

And hey if those spunky Winchester boys believe it then I'm sold!! hehe

Oh hell yes, I so wanna belive in it because of those hot Winchester brothers, Dean you need to call me lol

FAILED

qtpie

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:43 pm

Well, I've done the ghost tour at Port Arthur, and been in plenty of old houses. I am yet to see or feel anything odd or strange that would make me think it was a ghost. HOWEVER, just because I ain't seen it, don't mean it doesn't exist. Strange things happen and we don't know enough about our world to explain everything.

My thoughts would be to try to approach this with curiosity rather than fear - I think perhaps even if it IS a ghost, they don't necessarily want to hurt you (hey, haven't you seen Ghost the movie... could get quite nice for you :wink: ). At the very least, you'll be looking at things wanting to understand them so you're likely to uncover any simple explanations.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby qtpie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:00 pm

if the ghost died angry then it could hurt you haven't you ever seen "The Grudge"

I have never seen a real ghost before, went on a melbourne ghost tour, the one thing I really want to do in my life is see a ghost with my own eyes but it's also the one thing I'm the most scared of, does that make any sense??? lol

FAILED

qtpie

Postby Jodie91 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:46 pm

I have lived in two houses that have been creepy one was just one room and that was cool just didn't go in there if I didn't have to and then stopped the door open cos it kept closing inself which was a bit creepy and one were the hall way was scary, I would wake my hubby up if i needed to go to the loo at night and tell him to stay awake until I got back :wink: (maybe his snoreing is just getting me back for that :) - but thats another topic).

If you are religious in anyway I would suggest getting the house blessed or if you are not religious get a group of friend together and do it yourself :)

Haven't actually seen a ghost but I know the creepy feeling you are talking about

Good luck with it
Cheers
Jodie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZZJpxa/]
[/url]
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10
Jodie91

Postby ali76 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:40 am

My grandfather was killed in WWII when my own dad was only 15 months old....my dad doesn't remember him obviously but I truly believe he is my guardian angel. He's often shown my parents and I that he's around (his picture being thrown off the wall when his sister was in our house and we were talking about him!!). I had a picture of him in his Naval uniform at my flat and I had to take it with me and put it up in the loungeroom of my new place....so I do believe in spirits and I know that he is with me to look after me not scare me.

It's really hard to explain about this new house....maybe you're right Helen - maybe it is just because it's new, etc.

Anyway - I'll keep you posted!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:32 pm

Aww hun, thats so beautiful about your grandfather. I actually find it comforting when I receive those affirmations from loved ones that have passed.

Dave at first used to get freaked out, whereas he now accepts it. I have my father in my house and its really quite odd, he travels with me. I've moved 3 times since his death and in every house, I have received the same affirmation that he is with me still. It's even odd, that I feel his presence in the car, there are times where I am continuously looking through the rear view mirror as I can feel his presence.

Its so comforting knowing that they are there :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby ali76 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:37 pm

I completely agree. Before I realised my Grandpa was with me, the thought of ghosts or spirits completely freaked me out! But the second time his picture flew off the wall, my parents were going over seas and leaving me at home with an older friend (I was doing year 12)...mum was having second thoughts about me staying there and was suggesting I stay with my older sister. When the picture fell, I was completely calm and didn't think anything of it - just said to my mum "Don't worry, Grandpa's here and will look after me."

He'll have pride of place in any house I live in now :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby Fireball » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:27 am

Well I really wanted to meet a ghost when I was growing up. I used to read ghost stories, watch ghost movies, used a ouigi board and visit every spooky place around looking for them. I even hung out in the local cemetry. I was soooo disappointed that I never met one. I lost my best friend in tragic circumstances when young and hoped she would turn up but she never did (as much as I tried to imagine I could feel a presence I had to admit to myself I couldn't). I have also lost close family members and I have experienced nothing unusual. I am quite sceptical about this sort of thing now. I believe people make a lot of money by using people's emotional sensitivities. I can feel close to peole by using my memories of them and trying to pass on the love and good things I gained from them, I dont need them to have a physical presence.

Ali when you are in a new environment it is natural that you will be more alert and notice everything - it is survival instinct. As it is new you're learning what would represent dangers in your new environment. Once things become familiar you dont even notice them. I recenly said to my husband that we are lucky that our area is quiet and we dont hear the cars from the main road. Only a few days later I realised you could hear it but never noticed it because I was used to it.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Next

Return to Just Chatting