It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:19 pm

Free Newsletter

Advice on a friend

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Advice on a friend

Postby holly80 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:55 pm

But firstly I am so angry right now. I was told my new laptop would be here TODAY and guess what its still on the plane, so I wont see it till next week sometime. So That means another week without the net, whenever I want it. So frustrated.

Anyway lol.

I have this friend who I have been really close to for nearly 10 years. We used to do everything together and party hard back in the day. But now things have changed and I dont know what to do, I dont know if I should just cut her off all together.

She is still partying and ALOT HARDER then we ever did, I dont hear from her much at all and when I do its to make plans which she never follows threw. And I just read on her facebook that she has just gotten back from overseas and she didnt even let me know.
I suppose I am just over it, shes not the same person. I know this is horrible but her life is so messy with everything, the drugs are getting worse and worse and she doesnt want to quit. She done some terrible things on them which I would be to embarressed to tell anyone, she cant hold down a job for long etc etc...

Even last year she came out for my bday and spoke to ppl she didnt know about them and how cool they where etc, I couldnt believe it. This year she just plan doged the dinner me and friends went out with, and smsed the day after saying sorry.

I have told her how worried I am and that she needs to stop and calm down but shes not interested,

What should I do.

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!

Re: Advice on a friend

Postby electrongirl » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:08 pm

The sad thing about childhood friends are that sometimes when we grow up, we grow in different directions.

I have a friend who I have known for 25 years and she is completely different to the girl I met in grade 2.

She always hated kids as a teenager and now she has 3 and is the most domesticated person I know!!

People change as they grow up and by the sounds of it, this girl has definately chosen a different path to you.

I understand you are probably worried about her, but if she is an adult then only she can do whats right to change her life.

Don't feel bad if you feel the need to see less of her if she is affecting you negatively.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Re: Advice on a friend

Postby Fireball » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:45 am

I agree with Nikki. People do grow in different directions. Sometimes this can be accomodated and other times it may be such a chasm that it may feel insurmoountable, especially if it is having negative consequences in you life. I have seen people who have kept in touch through the rough patch, and eventually were back on close terms with each other finding their past was a strong enough bond to get them through but this is not for everyone.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Return to Just Chatting