It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:00 am

Free Newsletter

Your attitudes

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Your attitudes

Postby holly80 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:53 pm

Are you a positive or negative person? Do you finsih and follow though with idea's you come up with with life?

I have to say I am the weakest person I know and it drives me insane, and it must drive others insane to. I dont know how to change my ways. So what are you?

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Re: Your attitudes

Postby Tarz » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:25 pm

I am a half half person. I try to think positive as much as i can but i got a bad habit frommy mum, if you don't expect to much you can't be disapointed. Not the positive way of thinking! But I'm getting better. As for life plans i never follow through with them. I have chosen so many different careers then changed my mind. I got into uni to do human resource management but took a year off before hand then never went. Did a business traineeship then decided i wanted to do event management and enrolled in a course at TAFE went to one lesson and then decided i didn't want to do it anymore. My next decision was some sort of brand manager in marketing but i don't really want to do that now and currently don't know what i want to do. Its not the best feeling to have but i'm sure i will figure it put eventually.
Tarz

Re: Your attitudes

Postby HappyBella55 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:54 pm

There was a time in my life when I had a pretty bleak view of life. I was such a negative person pretending to the outside world that all was dandy, when in actual fact I was shattering inside. Surprisingly, I must have been pretending so well that a lot of people didn't notice. Now they can see the difference, from the real genuine positive attitude to the fake positive attitude of past; and they've commented.

I'm a self-help book addict, and a fan of positive thinking and outlook. My outlook now is definitely positive. And I'm so thankful for it. Its hard work and this is the philosophy I try to follow: a positive mind leads to a positive outlook which in turn leads to a positive body.

Don't get me wrong, there are times when negative thoughts do still cross my mind, but the BIG difference now is that I counteract those thoughts with positive ones as soon as the negative thought protrudes its ugly head.

When I started this journey, it wasn't just a journey for weight loss for me. It was a journey of self discovery. From the time I was 17& a half I experienced something that no woman should ever experience and that started my spiral of emotional eating and self hate. Slowly over the years (until I was 22) I was eating my emotions away and hating myself for it. One morning I woke up to myself and realised I hated the self destructive path I was leading. Pretending to others and especially to myself was not good for the soul. So in this journey of weight loss I've had to confront a lot of hurtful, horrible issues and every kilo lost makes me feel more powerful. Knowing that I am no longer vulnerable to those emotions in a way that will have me running to the biscuit tin and can now deal with them head on. I take time out and write my feelings down in a journal. This very action is a positive change, cos lets face facts it is something I will have to live with for the rest of my life. In part it has made me who I am today; knowing I can cope and won't break down if I allow those feelings to flow. Eating them away was just making me fat and unhappy.

Looking at other areas of my life, I've had a really positive outlook for years. I remember when I was in year 10 I wanted to get a job. My parents refused, they argued my schooling would suffer and that there was no need for me to work. Well, eventually they allowed me to work, my schooling didn't suffer (in actually fact I got a great OP), I saved all my money I earned (because my parents still gave me pocket money :oops: ) and over the years with all the jobs I've worked in I've been able to buy my very own bran new car (not so new now :lol: ), saved enough money to buy my own home and have been fiercely independent. I know what I want in life and I won't achieve it or get success unless I follow through with it and chase after it with all my might; It won't happen otherwise. I put my mind to something I will achieve it :lol:

Holly, you have it within you to change. You just got to want that change. And with every small baby step you take you will eventually get to that path in life (whatever it may be) and you'll realise you've achieved it. Big actions start with small steps. And a decision to want that change :D

To sum it up, I am a positive person :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Return to Just Chatting