It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:54 am

Free Newsletter

Earth Hour...

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Earth Hour...

Postby HappyBella55 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:18 pm

... so who is partaking?

I'll be taking part. I've had mum on the phone today reminding me to switch everything off and leave nothing on standby power :lol: :mrgreen: .

I'm actually going to go to the cliffs and take some shoots and then walk to the story bridge, and take more shoots from that view point. I don't think I've ever seen the bridge unlit before. I can't wait I'm actually excited hahahaha

For us Queenslander's it's from 8-9pm.

How cool would it be to see a shoot taken from one of those thingymebogs in space, and see how many countries partake.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Re: Earth Hour...

Postby ~Rose~ » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:05 pm

My family is, we've got the candles ready and hoping dinner is finished before hand, we got off to a late start :shock:
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby holly80 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:34 pm

We got home about 8:15pm. 2day Fm was broad casting from ontop of the bridge. We drove on it about 7:50pm but couldnt see them.

When we got home I realised I had left 2 lights on :shock: so I turned them off. I did keep the pc on though and spent some time on it. But I made sure the tv and all the other lights where off. So I kinda participated. I did it last year too

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby ~Rose~ » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Well we got out the candles and turned everything off (although the tv did come back on after about 1/2 hr) but everything else was well and truely off. Kids enjoyed it, we went out front to see if we could see how many people where doing it... proud to say a good majority of our street had there lights off. And the nice surprise was down at Lammermore Beach (we live in Yeppoon off the coast of Rockhampton) anyway they had a small fireworks display that the kids got to watch, so they got a kick out of that.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:00 pm

Before I left for town, I turned all the power points off, minus the fridge as I didn't want to leave it turned off for too long and didn't leave any of the sensor lights on.

It was awesome, seeing some great land marks being turned off for an hour. There were other people around having candle lit picnics :D. I went snap happy but the photos didn't turn out to great :( . I should have read the manual to my SLR as I didn't use the right lens. Ah well photographer I'm not, but I had a great time trying :D

The hour went by so quickly. I wonder who many carbon foot prints we saved collectively :?:
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby SarahC » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:01 am

I remembered at about 8:20pm and then ran round switching off all my non-essential lighting. But you know what.... I had the clothes dryer running the whole time!! :roll: :roll:
SarahC

Postby jessica86 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:43 am

earth hour was the most stupid thing i have ever heard of. the only thing it accomplished was keeping sydney from going below sea level 2 hours later than it would have and will eventually.

now, reducing carbon emissions by banning farming of livestock for food would reduce emissions by 33%

GO VEGAN

<3 jess
jessica86

Return to Just Chatting