It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:57 am

Free Newsletter

whats on the menu tonite?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

whats on the menu tonite?

Postby nutzy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:01 pm

What did you have for your supper tonite? I'm like 10 hours behind you as I live on the other side of the world, so you've probably eaten supper already, whereas I am still thinking about what to have for lunch. Often it's quite fun to see what others have for their meals, and also it makes you a tiny bit accountable for what you are eating when it's out in the open.

Tonight I am making Thai Red Curry Prawns with Rice Noodles. It's really yummy although hubby finds it a bit too sharp tasting coz it's got loads of lime in it, but my daughter and I loooovvve it. It's from a GI Diet recipe book. Hubby will have last nights left over lasagne - partly GI (white sauce is made with wholewheat flour) but mostly non diet.

For a snack I will either have a Muller Light Yoghurt, or a packet of Weight Watchers chips or both if I'm feeling peckish. I normally miss my afternoon snack and save it for in front of the tv.

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Re: whats on the menu tonite?

Postby ~Rose~ » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:09 pm

I though I'd take it pretty easy with just a soup tonight seeing I had pasta for lunch :D Kids wanted hotdogs sooo I figured soup was easy for me. Nothing too exciting... I'd say your prawns sound nice but honestly I'd be lying :P I'm allergic to seafood! hehe. But the Thai Red Curry part sounds yummy :D
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby Cac33 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:38 am

Oh the prawns sound so yummy! I was a bit boring & had fish with vegies & then a chocolate billabong as a little after dinner treat.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby GumBoots » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:33 pm

I am having a homemade low fat potato and pumkin soup. Only 4 weight watchers points per serve... yum yum
[/url]
GumBoots

Postby Jisgone » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:16 pm

home made chicken thai green curry with rice :)
yum yum
Jisgone

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:37 pm

nutzy wrote:
For a snack I will either have a Muller Light Yoghurt, or a packet of Weight Watchers chips or both if I'm feeling peckish. I normally miss my afternoon snack and save it for in front of the tv.

Hay what are Weight Watcher chips? Are they like crisps? And how come we don't get them here in Australia?? :D
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby matchbox » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:54 pm

last night i had homemade teriyaki chicken with rice. not sure about tonight yet :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby nutzy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:52 pm

I assumed that Weight Watchers being an international organisation had all their products world wide. These crisps must be available in some form in Australia. They come in a six pack, sea salt, salt and vinegar and sour cream and chives X2 - all really yummy and only 94 calories per pack. There are also cheese puff type crisps, which are my absolute downfall.

[/url]
nutzy

Postby nutzy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:54 pm

Tonight there will be 1/2 fat pork sausage, with mash, veggies and onion gravy. I took some mini chicken breasts out of the refrigerator last night too, so I'll have them tomorrow in a stew, I think. Then I'll have to go shopping coz the cupboard is bare.

[/url]
nutzy

Return to Just Chatting