It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:19 pm

Free Newsletter

Just Chatting

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Just Chatting

Postby Tarz » Thu May 15, 2008 12:30 pm

Hi guys,

Am having a not so good day to day and thought screw work for a while i have been working hard the past few days i want to have mindless chat with anyone that is either bored or feeling the same as me. So who's out there and what you up to?
Tarz

Re: Just Chatting

Postby shelbel » Thu May 15, 2008 1:40 pm

Ooh im here! Im in bed with a cold and the daytime tv sucks the big one!
Where do u work tara?? i love going on strike! Heehee
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Tarz » Thu May 15, 2008 1:44 pm

I work for a company that makes toilet paper, womens hygiene, paper towwel ets pretty boring stuff. Today they are all up about woolworths putting toilet paper on special for a too small amount. So there is noone in the office to talk to and i am supposed to do some data entry, wait no not some lots. and its so boring.
you still not feeling any better? daytime tv does suck but its a good excuse to hire a movie or get foxtel.
Tarz

Postby shelbel » Thu May 15, 2008 1:54 pm

I know someone who works for a loo paper company! that kimberly something one (vague? me?) she's a sales rep (i think) anyway, data entry sounds boring, no offense! do u like your job? Is it more varied?

Im feeling better when im lying down! It took all my energy to drive to work and i got through 2 hours! The boss 'you bloody go home cos im going on holidays next week and i dont want to be sick!' Id love to get foxtel, but its abit expensive for us at the moment, i might have to dig out an old movie to watch!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

shelbel

Postby Tarz » Thu May 15, 2008 2:00 pm

Kimberley Clarke is our main competitor.

It is boring as hell! I don't usualyy do data entry but we are getting these new hand held systems which means we need to enter a whole lot of info about every single IGA and Foodworks etc stores and because i am managing the program when it arrives i get the joys of preparing it. I am actually being trained as a sales rep as well.

I remember at my last job it would take an hour by traing to get there and 15 minute walk to the actual office and i went in one day thinking i was just feeling crappy co s i was tired as soon as i got there he told me to get in the car and took me back to the train station. I'm one of those people that hate calling in sick i prefer to go in and be told to go home other wise i think people are saying faker.
Tarz

Postby shelbel » Thu May 15, 2008 2:10 pm

Im so the same i hate calling in sick! I dont know why, but its properly the faking it thing.

Oh well, i assume the new system will change things for the better? What exactly does a sales rep do anyway? Ive seen them in the supermarkets. Do u get lots of freebies??
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby Tarz » Thu May 15, 2008 2:51 pm

yeah you do get a fair bit of freebies but your not supposed to. You go into stores and you chack that you have the right amount of space for your stock. Places like Woolies your shelf space is paid for so you want to make sure you get it. In Independanet stores like IGA you try to gain space by getting in good with the store owner, you sell case deals to the owner and cut in new lines of stock. Also do layouts for new stores and refits for refurbnishments.
Reps get samples of all the stock so that if they want to show a customer a new line they can but quite often little deals are made between reps like a case of toilet paper for a case of coke zero or something. Also reps do give stuff out so that if they ever need a favour they know you'll help.
The last refit i did we swapped some of our stock over and i got to keep the stock so now i have a draw full of panty liners so i will never need to buy any ever!
And when i am in the office i quite often get freebies anyway. Since moving out of home i have never had to buy toilet paper cos at work i get a case which is 12 x 6packs for $22 of premium TP.

What do you do Shel?
Tarz

Postby shelbel » Thu May 15, 2008 6:41 pm

My friend who works for kimberly clarke gets heaps of freebies, she had a whole shed full on stuff, not so sure it was all legit now! LOL It was great when she was living in perth because she used to share the load around! :D But alas she has moved to sydney.

Sounds like you get out and about a bit, id hate to be stuck in an office all day!

I work for karrakatta cemetry, its the main one in perth, i actually cremate people for a living........yes really! Ive worked their for about 18months now. I also look after the chapels were the funerals come in, so helping the funeral directors get organised with flowers and all the other bits and bobs people bring in. Ive worked for a funeral company for 4 years before that so this job doesnt freak me out at all, its normal to me!

I am normal i assure you! LOL :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Return to Just Chatting