It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Dreams

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Dreams

Postby Booties » Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi everyone :)

Does anyone ever wake up after a dream and are like 'what the heck does that mean"

Well I had a dream last night, and I wish I knew what it meant.

In the dream i had a baby. He was a boy. He was like very young, a few months old. In the dream, my husband's best friend, said that my son looked like Ryan and I, but i couldnt see me in the baby, but alot of Ryan. I remember holding the baby, and how it felt to be a mother, and how excited i was to breast feed my 'son' for the first time. I also remember how his skin felt and how i loved being near him.

I woke up this morning, feeling a bit sad. The dream was not real. I feel like i am missing something now, a part of me, because of that dream. I want to meet that baby, the son I had. I miss him.

I have had another dream that I had a son, the other night, and i woke up feeling the same.

We are currently trying for a baby but i haven't been thinking ALOT about babies, cos i dont want to get my hopes up :)

But yeah I wonder what this all means lol maybe nothing, but it had strong emotions attached to it.

Ah well, just wanted to ask if anyone knew anything about dreams :)

Thaaaaanks

Rach

** I will be 70 kgs by Christmas 2009 **

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Re: Dreams

Postby shelbel » Sat May 17, 2008 1:31 pm

Ahh the dreams that feel so real you wake up thinking they are true, at least it was a good dream and not one about your partner cheating or something! I hate those ones!

Well im no dream doctor but maybe it is your desire to have a child coming out thru your dreams??

You never know it could be a psychic dream, you may have seen your future son! :D

Im not really much help, i always meant to get a book about dreams and their meanings....but never have got around to it!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Sat May 17, 2008 2:28 pm

i hope its means a baby soon for u, goodluck to u and your future maybe boy :mrgreen:
soon2bayummymummy

Postby holly80 » Sat May 17, 2008 3:46 pm

gee, maybe you are now? go test, go test lol

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby Tarz » Sat May 17, 2008 4:03 pm

I used to think that dreams were thoughts that are at the back of your mind coming through but that opinion changed the other day when i first dreamt that my fiance's sister died then the next night dreamt that my room was infested with maggots and cockroaches.

Are you sure you haven't been thinking about it more then your letting on?
Tarz

Postby Booties » Sat May 17, 2008 4:31 pm

i dunno maybe i have hehe but we have tried for a baby before sometime last yr or so, obviously i wasn't ready, but i was thinking about it ALL the time and talking about it etc but this time its not as bad :)

i would agree that is where the dream prolly came from, but the emotional feeling was strong which i dunno does it mean something when u have emotions attached to a dream? lol

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby holly80 » Sat May 17, 2008 5:09 pm

i think sometimes if we are thinking about something alot it plays on our mind. Something happen to me when my cat wasnt well, and it makes no sense to me what soever..... it was very intersting and very very freaky... I dont discuss what happened because some people might think its quiet pathetic and most of weird weird.
But anyway, back to you lol... Maybe you dreamt about it because you been thinking about it so much.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat May 17, 2008 6:26 pm

My guess would be either it's to do purely with the fact you're trying for a baby and your dreams are trying to point out to you that it's more important to you than you're admitting

OR somewhat more metaphorical

there's some kind of project that you and your bloke are doing together that is coming close to the end and even though you feel like perhaps he was more responsible for it than you were, you're still really proud of it - then your brain combined the emotion of that success with the imagery of babies due to the current thing about trying to conceive.

Essentially dreams are personal and it's your brain that concocted it, so you're the best person to decode it - hopefully some of our suggestions help you figure it out!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Booties » Sat May 17, 2008 6:40 pm

hehe thanks guys

its prolly just nothing :) it was just on my mind and still even now :) if i think of anything i will let you know :)

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby miranda*jane » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:09 am

Booties wrote:i would agree that is where the dream prolly came from, but the emotional feeling was strong which i dunno does it mean something when u have emotions attached to a dream? lol

I have the emotional dreams all the time. The other night I dreamt that my BF left me. I woke up and he was still there (he was staying over) so I snuggled up to him and didn't let go until we woke up...I've also dreamt that my sister's BF cheated on her...when I saw him the next day I just wanted to belt him in the head...grr.

I hate those dreams. Unless they're good ones where I wake up and can't get the smile off my face :)

<3 M
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby star » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:49 pm

The best dream I had was about packets of kittens...plastic packets that you opened and heaps of kittens tumbled out and ran and played all over the place. It still makes me smile.
star

Postby liz1984 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:51 pm

Ive had some really freaky dreams in the past! Most of them where ive died ...it means apparently that a chapter of your life is ending and something better is coming...

heres my dream copied over from the lano and woodley fan forum, coz it was a dream about them....im a massive fan lol Heres the link if you want to read the replies hehe http://www.colandfrank.proboards56.com/ ... =87&page=1

Ok well i was at one of their last few shows in Melbourne, except it wasnt in a theatre, it was just in a hall, so there were cheap seats and the front few rows were divided by a glass wall thing. I got in late with a friend, and we thought the front was behind that glass wall cause we couldnt see the other rows, and thoguht it just slid over. We sat down in a random seat caue we were late, then the door thing opened, and we could see our seats up the front, so we just got out of our seats and ran down, and naturally they saw us lol.

The hall was like allowing pple to move around etc whenever they wanted, like set up in tables, and during the show i had to go to the loo so i did and they noticed again.

Now the scary thing was during the cowboy/silent movie bit, they did it, and then decided to use some audience participation. Like do a bit of cowboy and indian thing, but it was more like cat and mouse. Anyway they asked for a volunteer and my friend put up my arm, and they picked me lol and i was naturally embarrashed. Anyway i was running around the hall, ducking under chairs and tables etc, running away from col who was chasing me screaming stuff i think, and he had a fake rifle etc, as part of the thing. Then i got back to the front and was about to sit back, didnt see him and then he was standing a few metres from me, and had the fake rifle pointed at me, i screamed in horror then he pulled the trigger, and naturaly i went along with the act, and like pretended to be dead, like hey i get to fulfill my acting passions caue hmm im good at pretending to be dead lol. But as soon as i hit the ground, i blacked out.like was actually dead.....Like col actually killed me and i remember him giving his evil laugh just as i was going in and out of consciousness.

Then i woke up, in a fright.

That last bit is what is really really freaking me out!!!! OMG It just keeps going over and over in my head, like all of my other lw dreams, but this one was a horror one!!!!

During this i think frank was just on stage...screaming for me to run for my life
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8oQwGD/]
[/url]
liz1984

Return to Just Chatting