It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Free Newsletter

my mummy

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

my mummy

Postby holly80 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:12 pm

last night she had pains in her chest and she thought it was just a chill. today we were meant to go over for lunch, but she rang this morning to cancell and said she was off to the dr. they rang an ambulance straight away and shes still in emergancy but in a bed. can you believe it.. its been hours.

She has suffered a mild heart attack..all i know is that there giving her many tests and have given her somethign to think her blood.

i cant believe this.. my pop is really upset and the dr is on his way to go see him as he is old, fragile and his got a sore thraot..... could anything else go wrong

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Re: my mummy

Postby Boo » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:25 pm

holly80 wrote:last night she had pains in her chest and she thought it was just a chill. today we were meant to go over for lunch, but she rang this morning to cancell and said she was off to the dr. they rang an ambulance straight away and shes still in emergancy but in a bed. can you believe it.. its been hours.

She has suffered a mild heart attack..all i know is that there giving her many tests and have given her somethign to think her blood.

i cant believe this.. my pop is really upset and the dr is on his way to go see him as he is old, fragile and his got a sore thraot..... could anything else go wrong

HUGS! I hope she gets well soon. My father has been a lucky survivor of a few heart attacks and heart surgery. I know how bad it makes you feel. they will probably give her walfren (sp) to thin her blood out.
Boo

Postby ali76 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:07 am

Oh hun....I'm so sorry....I don't really know what to say.. :(

I'll be sending all my positive vibes to you and both of your parents.

Big hugs
xoxoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby shelbel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:21 pm

Oh Holly, thats sounds really scary.

Big hugs and i hope she recovers well.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Tarz » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:00 pm

Holly i only just read about you mum, I really hope she gets better soon and is released home. It must be really scary to hear something like that has happened to one of your folks. Let us know how they are doing. How old is your mum? Has she always been in good health?
Tarz

Postby holly80 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Tarz wrote:Holly i only just read about you mum, I really hope she gets better soon and is released home. It must be really scary to hear something like that has happened to one of your folks. Let us know how they are doing. How old is your mum? Has she always been in good health?

Hi tara

shes doing ok now, or best as she can anyway... she spent 3 days in hospital. shes 53 years old...

She isnt in good health at all. smokes like a packet of smokes a day and is over weight. does not one bit of excerise.

i was talking to my aunty today and she thinks I have the same personallity of my mum. like we both have an addcitive personality, which explains my addiction to smokes and food.

i am going to try hard to give up both now, her scare was enough for me to do it I think. maybe I just needed that kind of health scare so close to me to make me wake up and realise. I am just worried I wont be able to quit smoking at the moment because of the stress I am going threw with my kitty.... But hey its either stress or stress and a health problem

mum is starting patches tommorrow and she has been using a ashma puffer for years and since she has come out of hospital and has only been having like 4 smokes a day she hasnt had to use it once. amazing stuff

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:54 pm

I'm so sorry I missed this thread initially. It must have been a huge scare for all your family. I hope you mum recovers quickly. It's great that she's giving up the cigarettes. I used patches to give up and it's been about eight years since I last had a smoke so I highly recommend them as a stop smoking aid. It's great your mum is seeing the positive health benefits of quitting so quickly.

All my best to you and your family, Holly.
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Just Chatting