It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:08 am

Free Newsletter

Book places

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Book places

Postby candycane » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:43 pm

Hi guys,

i've been searching the net trying to find this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Bulgari-Amanda-Tr ... 138&sr=1-1

the cheapest i've found in aus is booktopia like $93. Most places are $160 :oops: Has any of u 1) ordered from amazon, if so how did u find it? or 2) know of any discounted online book places or 3) got discount codes for 'booktopia' online?

Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Re: Book places

Postby sassi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

i've ordered stuff from amazon in the past & found it pretty good. my books were always delivered quickly & in good condition (i sound like i'm doing ebay feedback now lol)
sassi

Postby candycane » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:22 pm

lol u do actually!

Did you choose standard or express shipping? I'm thinking it'll still be cheaper with the conversion rate then buying from booktopia
candycane

Postby sassi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:35 pm

it's my job - i have a work 'voice' and tone of writing that sometimes creeps into my personal life :lol:

it's been ages since i ordered something so i can't remember. i think maybe just standard? my dad orders books alllll the time from the net - i'm going round for dinner tonight so i could check what he uses if you like?

he uses alibris alot - they do hard to find, out of print & used books - the book you're after is on there butthe cheaper ones are second hand (and the better the copy, the more expensive!).

http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?qwork ... ting*cover
sassi

Postby candycane » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:58 pm

yeah i found it cheaper on an american site but it wont ship to aus! that site wont work for some reason? Maybe i should just buy it from amazon and be done with it :) i would like a discount code but i cant find any :evil: hehe
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:28 pm

That book looks right up my alley :) .

I have ordered books from Amazon using the standard postage with no problems at all, in fact they arrived well before their estimated time of arrival.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:47 pm

I've only ordered one book from Amazon and it was hassle free. I got it from the 'used and new' section and some sellers there won't ship to Australia, so it's just a matter of finding one that will. I just used standard shipping and I received my book within a couple of weeks. Given that shipping counts for so much of the price I couldn't really justify expedited shipping.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby candycane » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:06 pm

yeah i think i'll get a couple from there. I can't justify my need for the book against paying an extra $20 or more dollars (or $120 if your buying from dymocks). If i get a few it will be worth the 'conversion fee' my bank makes me pay. HOpefully they wont take long to ship...:)
candycane

Return to Just Chatting