It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:43 pm

Free Newsletter

I'm FREEZING!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm FREEZING!!

Postby electrongirl » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:47 pm

I am at work and our store is really close to the centres doors and everytime they open up a gust of cold wind comes in......

I hve the heating on but its not really helping!!

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I suppose one good thing is that being cold burns calories!! hahahaha
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Re: I'm FREEZING!!

Postby GoddessInside » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:50 pm

electrongirl wrote:I suppose one good thing is that being cold burns calories!! hahahaha

I didn't know that !!!

But yes it's bloooooooooooooooooooming cold !!!
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Strawberry » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:20 pm

GoddessInside wrote:
electrongirl wrote:I suppose one good thing is that being cold burns calories!! hahahaha

I didn't know that !!!

But yes it's bloooooooooooooooooooming cold !!!

me either!

i can't remember it being this cold last winter! my hands 2 touch feel like ice -blocks!
Strawberry

Postby electrongirl » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:30 pm

I just assumed you would because your body is trying to keep warm but I looked it up and I could be wrong:

Do You Burn More Calories in Hot or Cold Weather?

You burn fewer calories when you exercise in cold weather than you do when it's hot. The hotter it is, the more extra work your heart has to do to prevent you from overheating. More than 70 percent of the energy produced by your muscles during exercise is lost as heat. So the harder you exercise, the hotter your muscles become. In hot weather, not only must your heart pump extra blood to bring oxygen to your muscles, it must also pump hot blood from your heated muscles to your skin where heat can be dissipated.

On the other hand, in cold weather, your heart only has to pump blood to your muscles and very little extra blood to your skin to dissipate heat. Your muscles produce so much heat during exercise that your body does not need to produce more heat to keep you warm. So your heart works harder and you burn more calories in hot weather. This information should not discourage you from exercising when it’s cold, because staying in shape is a year-round proposition. However, it may help to explain why so many people find the pounds creeping on in the wintertime, even when they stay active.

However this is about exercising in cold weather so it may be different.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby GoddessInside » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:35 pm

My fingers are puuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrple !
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby ali76 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:45 pm

Just letting you know that I'm laying in my bean bag with my quilt over me and the heat on....very toasty!! :twisted:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby electrongirl » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:45 pm

I think my fingers have fallen off! I can't feel them anymore!!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby SarahC » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:52 pm

I think there must be something wrong with me.... I'm hot (all the time, not just at the moment)!! If anyone's cold, come stand next to me, I'm like a radiator :oops:
SarahC

Postby electrongirl » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:48 pm

ali76 wrote:Just letting you know that I'm laying in my bean bag with my quilt over me and the heat on....very toasty!! :twisted:

oh shut up!! hehehehe

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Freddy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:46 pm

SarahC wrote:I think there must be something wrong with me.... I'm hot (all the time, not just at the moment)!! If anyone's cold, come stand next to me, I'm like a radiator :oops:

You're hot...

Sorry, just had to do it ;)

It was pretty cold on the bike this morning. Been on the bike for just over an hour and the first 15 minutes my fingers just went numb, while wearing gloves!! Ah well... maybe I was just stupid to do a round trip today while the temps will be below 0C. Still, it's dry so no frozen roads and the sun will be shining.
Freddy

Postby electrongirl » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:23 am

I laugh when I think I used to be cold in Perth in winter.... I am now living in the land of snow and freezing rain....

awesome....

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Freddy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:34 am

Found a new way to insulate, I'm growing a beard for the winter. Maybe some of you should too ;)
Freddy

Postby electrongirl » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:48 am

Freddy wrote:Found a new way to insulate, I'm growing a beard for the winter. Maybe some of you should too ;)

sure I'll try growing a beard...... :roll:

Image Image
electrongirl

Return to Just Chatting