It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:24 am

Free Newsletter

Groceries that have dissappeared or gone up in price

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Groceries that have dissappeared or gone up in price

Postby Nay » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:12 am

OK. I get peeved off when I try a new product at the supermarket, only to find a few weeks later that they have either put the price up, or don't stock it anymore :x

I find myself staring at the space on the shelf where it used to be and saying to myeslf "it can't be gone" "maybe they moved it" "maybe I'm just not seeing it" "maybe its a mistake" LOL

Has this happened to anyone else?? Let's share!!! I will go first:

(my most recent peeve which made me write this post) McKormacks chicken seasoning in the pepper mill grinder thingy - can't find it anywhere!! It is the best for chicken breast!!! (I'd only bought it once, and now its gone!!)
Sara Lee Vegetarian Lasagne - used to be a three pack for about six bucks. Just divine and only about 250-300 calories per serve - gone.
Uncle Toby's light muesli - every time I went back each week to buy it, the price had increased!!I can't justify buying a 400g box for over five bucks!
Banana (full fat :oops: ) yoghurt base for the yoghurt maker - very hard to find
Glad Food Covers - the little coloured shower cap thingys that you put over your plates/cans/bowls - gone.
BBQ chickens - 11 bucks for crying out loud!!! For all of 3 cups worth of chicken when it's taken off the bone
Sandwich meat from the dairy isle - it lasts a while because it's vacum packed, but so expensive and I found my favourite at about $2.88 for a 2 pack, within a month, it has gone up to over $3.00
Apricot and grains porridge - used to be sold in a box as one flavour, now only sold in the mixed packs with the berry ones and I hate berry!!!
Then they brought out Peach with a hint of vanilla - got that one, now I can't find it anywhere!!!

As you can see, I have quite a list going...thats all I can think of off the top of my head...what do you miss?? or what did you like that has gone up in price, that you had to stop buying it?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Re: Groceries that have dissappeared or gone up in price

Postby Nay » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:56 pm

anyone??? Is it just me that gets annoyed by this??? :?
[/url]
Nay

Postby Shalimar » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:30 pm

I do get annoyed when it happens but I haven't noticed anything of late go missing.

I do remember years ago when my Mum was dieting and she used to eat Limits biscuits, they were a meal replacement program like the shakes but biscuits. I'd kill for them to be around these days :lol: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby SarahC » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:45 am

This happens to me ALL THE TIME!!! Whenever I find anything good, you can bet that at some stage they will take it off the market.

What I can think of at the moment...

Teriyaki tofu
Nutrisoy tofu desserts
Sugar free icecream (now "no added sugar".. not the same thing!!)
Protein bars of various descriptions, for example, Snickers Marathon bars, Natures Way Edge bars, and a few others... the selection is continually changing!
and most recently... Large Glad veggie steamer bags, there's only small now :evil:
SarahC

Postby Strawberry » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:21 pm

this happens to me too.
i can't name any off the top of my head i just usually move on to the nearest substitute.
as to expensive broccoli & cauliflower i didn't realise till i got 2 the checkout they were @ $9/kilo i should have got the frozen one's instead much cheaper.
Strawberry

Postby Nay » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:16 pm

It's so frustrating!!! I usually do the shopping alone but my boyfriend came with me last night. He shared my pain when he wanted the new cadbury brunch bars (apricot and almond)...there was none left and he stared at the shelf like they would magically appear!! I think they were just sold out.

I did notice this:

The usual cheese I buy has gone up from $6.58 to $7.04 in a month. I think 7 bucks is ridiculous to pay for cheese!!
The frozen fish we buy was over seven bucks at Woolies, but about $6.50 at Foodland (the usual price I pay)
Homebrand milk costs less and tastes the same as the higher priced milks
There were quite a few other things that annoyed me from my shop on Thursday night, but that's what I can remember...

I used to love food shopping, and now I hate it!!!!!!!!!
[/url]
Nay

Postby SarahC » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:28 pm

Nay wrote:there was none left and he stared at the shelf like they would magically appear!! I think they were just sold out.

LOL, I did this last week. They were sold out of the low fat cream cheese... I stood in front of the fridge for about 5 minutes I reckon. Then, walked off to get other stuff. Then, CAME BACK to the same spot and stared at it again :lol:
SarahC

Return to Just Chatting