It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:29 am

Free Newsletter

Friendship

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Friendship

Postby miranda*jane » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:52 pm

Zee, if that's the kind of approach your "friend" is going to take towards you losing weight, then it should be no great loss to leave her behind. Look at it like this, it'a just a little less weight you have to carry around now. I mean, that's all that people like that are, is extra weight. Without her, you'll be stronger, happier and better off, in my oppinion.

I can't really say that i've had a simmilar experience with friends cracking the sads at me because of how I'm choosing to lose weight (I'm on Celebrity Slim), but slight jeallousy from my younger sister I do have.

She's always been the "skinny one". She's gorgeous. 5'10", slim, Darkest brown eyes and she can pull off absolutely ANY style. However, when she moved out of home with her BF, I'll admit, she put on a little weight. She's always been low-mid 70s. She went up to mid-high 80s while she was away from home, it didn't look horrible, and really, it wasn't noticable at all, which everyone told her.

I've always been much MUCH bigger than her and when I started to lose weight, she was really proud of me, as was the rest of my family. But once I started getting closer to her weight, I could see it was upsetting her. I stopped telling her how much I weighed, just so I didn't have to see the misserable look on her face. I still don't fit into most of her clothes...(like her jeans, cause her bums better than mine) and she's started her kick boxing back up and she's going back to the gym, but every now and then (mostly when I steal her clothes) I can still see the look in her eye...

It's nothing like being accused of being on drugs, but I thought I'd share my experience...

<3 M
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby miranda*jane » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:41 pm

I no...all through high school I got called fat...at the beginning, I didn't consider myself fat at all...but in the last few years of school...my MOTHER started to borrow my clothes...and they were to big...

I was always bigger than everyone...and at home I was the short one also. Everyone in my family is taller than me...and I'm 5'6"... though I was taller than all my friends...either way I felt odd out and too big...I didn't even look right in any of the photos we took as a group...all them skinny girls...and me. Still makes me feel sick looking at them now.

I've said to Gab (my lil sister) that I want to go to kick boxing with her, but it's Tuesday and Thursdays and I have Zen Do Kai (my own martial arts) classes Monday and Wednesday, along with Softball training Wednesday before ZDK...you know?

She's actually started Celebrity Slim today, which I think will help both of us...me because I wont be the only one in my house on it anymore...and I think once she starts seeing results, it'll help her confidence too.

<3 M
miranda*jane

Postby yoyogirl88 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:51 am

All I can say is what a %$@#&. Insensitive probably but true yes. Ive not had any problems with girls and my weight but I have had a friend that never seems to show me any caring but I will come running if she shows the least amount of distress. I recently had it out with her and told her what she was doing, now we are a little better, never like we were but now she asks how I am.

Some girls, all they have a "fat" friend for is to make THEM feel better. Ive watched it with my friends (no bestfriends for me :( ) I dont like girls. Plain and simple my best friend is andy and beleive it or not My ex and first love (who also happens to be one of andys best mates).

Sounds like it was a good ridddance sitch for both of you. I hope you find friends that appreciate you and love you for who you are

:)
miranda*jane wrote:...my MOTHER started to borrow my clothes...and they were to big...
I know this ALLLLL to well. But now she has put some weight on (thank goodness she was TOO skinny) and now when I lose weight Ill be able to thieve her clothes again :P
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby miranda*jane » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:04 am

yoyogirl88 wrote:
miranda*jane wrote:...my MOTHER started to borrow my clothes...and they were to big...
I know this ALLLLL to well. But now she has put some weight on (thank goodness she was TOO skinny) and now when I lose weight Ill be able to thieve her clothes again :P

My Mum can't steal my clothes anymore...my sister does now...which is worse because Mum would wash my clothes and give them back to me...I have to sift through Gab's room and find my clothes, work out if they're clean or not and more often than not...wash them...which reminds me, she has my flip flops...

I don't really have any friends anymore...we all sort of fell appart after school finished. I have my sisters, my boyfriend and his sister. Sure there's people that I do ZDK and softball with, but they don't really KNOW me, know what I mean?

<3 M
miranda*jane

Postby becky123 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:31 pm

lol i have a theory. this works for me. my friends dont support me losing weight because they like the fact i am bigger than them, but after discussing with a few male friends, they have made me feel good about who i am. but i still wanna loose it so i can show those biatches how detirmened i am!

But if they cant support you babe, they aint worth your time!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wC4pRx2/]
[/url]
becky123

Return to Just Chatting