It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:04 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello from the USA!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from the USA!

Postby electrongirl » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:22 am

Hi all!

Its been a while since I posted on here really!!

I have been in the US now for just over 2 weeks and I am loving it!

I believe I have gained a bit of weight though as the food here is TERRIBLE.... but delicious.. and so SO cheap..... dammit...

But just wanted to let you all know that we got here in 1 piece mostly. Appart from dramas at Customs/Immigration and a scary incident with Ashley that I don't want to go into right now, things are awesome.

We are moved into Billy's place that we had rented out while he was in Oz and now have cable internet so I am STOKED!

Now we just have to go through the whole immigration process again, only reverse it all.

Hope everyone is well and you'll all see alot more of me on here seeming I;m not allowed to work for a while.

Nikki
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Re: Hello from the USA!

Postby Tarz » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:46 pm

Hey thats excellent that the move over went well!
I know what you mean about the food over there, i couldn't get over the cheese over there, ITS ORANGE!!!!!!
It just means you gotta aim for more fresh food and really look at labels.
I'm so glad you had no huge dramas whilst you relocated and i hope it all goes well for you, make sure you stick around this forum still! i don't want the americans to steel you away from us!!!! What state are you in again? What do you think the biggest change will be from livinhg in oz?
i would love to live over there, i lived over in Kansas and missouri for 3 months but wouldd have loved to stay longer. Its all so different to here.
Tarz

Postby la1982 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:27 pm

Nikki
I saw your avatar profile - You're in China Grove - North Carolina??!! As in the Doobie Brothers song?? I loooove that song! :D

Glad to hear the move has gone well.
SW 74kg
GW 55kg Achieved 31.1.08
CW 54.6kg
Body fat reduced from 38% to 20.2%
la1982

Postby la1982 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:30 pm

Just googled it, it seems the Doobie brothers were talking about another China Grove in Texas!
SW 74kg
GW 55kg Achieved 31.1.08
CW 54.6kg
Body fat reduced from 38% to 20.2%
la1982

Postby Fireball » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:28 am

Hi Nikki
Wow. You are actually there! Glad to hear things are working out for you, except your weight. Still I think that is quite normal given the big changes, sorta like going to holiday. I'm sure you'll jump back onto the wagon and keep up the good work. Nicer to know you'll still be around. :)

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Return to Just Chatting