It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:52 am

Free Newsletter

We're moving...

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

We're moving...

Postby Freddy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:26 pm

But not immediately. I've been discussing this with my wife for some time, and we're both convinced it would be better if we moved. We will be renting a house and are on a waiting list right now, have been on the list for over a year, so we've already gained some points (the more points, the more chance you will get a house).
We will be moving two small towns away from here. There's several things that will be improved, for instance I will be 10km closer to work, so I only have to ride 30km a day anymore instead of 50. Besides that, we're closer to church so we don't have to go by car anymore but we can just hop on the bike. As well, my wife runs a daycare thingy at home, she watches our 2 nephews, who live in that same village. So our sis in law can get out of bed later to drop off her boys and they will be picked up earlier.

We yesterday responded to an ad on a website. Looks like a great house, 3 bedrooms, large livingroom and nice kitchen. Built in 2006. Not sure how high we're on the list right now though, so we'll have to wait till the end of next week for some more info...
Freddy

Re: We're moving...

Postby meegs » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:10 pm

Sounds great.
I hope it is what you want.
Cheers,
meegs
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Postby Freddy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:07 am

Thanks Meegs. Moving is surely what we want. We will be saving a couple of hundred euro's a month, which is never a bad thing. Besides that, I love the cycling ritual to work, makes me wake up better and is pretty darn good for getting a healthy body and mind. I will be able to ride the bike for 5 days a week, instead of 3.
Best thing is that I have to stop a lot less, since there will be no schoolgoing youth in my way, because I miss a pretty narrow bridge :) I'm pretty anxious to hear the standings in the end of the upcoming week.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:41 am

We turned out to be 98th on a list of totally 228, so we were in pretty high already. The company that rents those houses have a points system, so we need to gather a few more points, or so it seems. We will keep responding to each house we see that we like and is nearer to my job and church.

This week we responded to a house, with 3 bedrooms and quite a patch of ground in the back... Should make a nice garden. More will follow next Tuesday :)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:43 am

Yet again, it was a miss... However, we moved up towards 69 on the list.

Looking pretty promising :D
Freddy

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:44 pm

Good luck. I've got my fingers crossed for you!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Freddy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:08 am

Right now, we've stopped looking for a new house actively. When there's a good house on the market, we'll give it a shot, but we're not putting in too much effort. Winter is coming and I am going to work by mass transit anyway. I've stopped cycling for now as the weather is just getting too cold and the wind is just too fast right now.
Freddy

Return to Just Chatting