It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:45 am

Free Newsletter

Cookbook Help

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Cookbook Help

Postby miranda*jane » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:37 pm

Hi guys!!

It's been a while, I know :P

So here's the deal, I'm moving away from home soon (like, to another town :S) for the first time with my boyfriend...and embarrassingly, I don't know all that many recipies. Not that I can't "wing it" when it comes to the kitchen and usually whip up something okay tasting, but I want to keep eating healthy.

That's one of my biggest fears with moving out...not being able to cook healthy foods and therefor ruining any good wrok I've done over the last year. I don't want to be the girl that moved out and got fat again, you know?

So here's my plea...any health recipies you have that tase great and are willing to share...please share with me. I'm trying to put together a cookbook for myself so I don't resort to Spag Bog, hamburgers or worse...take away.

Please help me!! I'm on my knees begging!!

<3 M
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .

Re: Cookbook Help

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:14 pm

I'm a bit busy with uni work right now. Once things settle down I'll add a few recipes to the thread!

In the meantime I can give you links to recipes that I've tried that are really yummy.

Mini crustless tofu quiches (my partner isn't vegetarian or vegan but still loves these!)
Apple banana muffins (fat free and very yummy. I substitute fake sugar and wholemeal flour to cut a few more calories and add some more fibre)
Saucy chickpeas and sweet potato (though I swear they use a normal potato in the photo!)

There are some soup recipes in this thread on the forum (link).

There is a section of the forum that is dedicated to healthy recipes. You'll probably find a few things there that appeal to you. (link)

Weight Watchers have some great recipes on their site as well (link).

There's always the quick and easy meal of pita bread pizzas. Spread some tomato paste with herbs and garlic on top of a piece of pita bread. Add sliced mushrooms, onions, capsicum and any other veggies you like. Top with a small amount of low fat cheese (or soy cheese if you're vegan). Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Personally I like these better than real pizza!

Good luck!

Re: Cookbook Help

Postby Freddy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:45 am

Apple pie on the cheap... And healthy :D

Bake an apple in a pan and put it on a cracker along with some cinnamon. It doesn't taste the same, but it's healthy, and tastes GOOOOOOOD

Return to Just Chatting