It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:48 pm

Free Newsletter

Ali's wedding stuff...

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Ali's wedding stuff...

Postby Tarz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:52 pm

I'm saving my resizing for closer to the date, i want to lose more and my ring is pretty lose already. That would have felt wierd not wearing it for 11 days! i panic when i realise i haven't put it on in the morning and drive home again to get it.
I got the picks and your right the back isn't quite right, i think it needs more of a v shape to, i am collecting some picks of what i think it should be and i'll send it to you as soon as i get a chance. the dress definately looks better in the ivory colour.
I was talking to my mum about zero love and telling her my ideas and she told me to order a simple cocktail dress from them and see how that works out, i told her it would cost a fair buit for "just a dress" but she is willing to pay so i might have to have a look at that. So your deffinately ordering this week! Tell me exactly how it goes! will you try for a different back o the dress or will you go with how it is, i think either way it would look fantastic. Although i prefer it without the beading, i didn't realise it was beaded and i think it would be nicer without, simpler and classier but thats just my opinion. I'll stop rambling now!!!!
Tarz

Postby ali76 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:03 pm

I've sent my measurements away for my dress....so it's done and dusted, decided and ordered!! I just hope in 8 months time it needs to be taken in a little!!

It's in ivory and Tarz, I've gone with the back of the dress you sent me (hope you don't mind) - oh and no beads. Since we're getting married in September, I'm worried it might be a bit chilly so I've also ordered a matching stole.

I have a question for you girls....I was going to order the same colour flowers for my MOH and I (no BMs)...should we have different? Should she have Ivory and I have a different colour? I want her wearing dark silver / black so i can't have flowers to match her dress?? Very confused....

I'm on a wedding forum and the more I read and the more pics I see, the more confused I get....

Anyhoo....we think we've decided on the sailing club for the party....well, we definately have but they wont get back to me so I can pay the deposit???? :shock:

I hated the initial organising, then started to love it, now I'm back to hating it. No one gives a sh!t what we want....my sisters at me now because my nephew wants his 18th birthday the day after...I should change the date....are you kidding me?? Mum keeps saying she doesn't understand what we're doing (having lunch then the party)....oh man....

Stuff this, I'm going to bed!

Sorry for the rant...
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:19 am

Hi Ali,

Everything is just beautiful and you will be glowing on your day without a shadow of a doubt. The organising and lead up to the wedding can be stressful, I know. Try to savour it, it is over so quickly. My wedding day was so perfect - the most wonderful day of my life (I can say that because I haven't had kids yet :D ) but the family can get crazy. That age old cliche is always good to remember "it's your day"... so have it the way you want, when you want and people have to work around you. Be prepared though, that they too, may do the same. Relax and enjoy the process - it's a wonderful time and you deserve it :D Enjoy!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby ali76 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:45 pm

Ally, it's been stressful already!!! I'm trying to take a step back and enjoy it, after all, I'll spend the next 8 months planning and it will be all over in just one day!!

I just can't wait to get my dress....maybe in 3 weeks?!?! YAH!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby starr22 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:02 pm

Ooohh, how exciting, you get your dress in 3 weeks :D Seriously, keep me posted on how it all goes, I'd be quite interested in getting my dress from the same place, they all look so nice from there.

Too bad your getting stressed with all the planning :? Just try and enjoy it, as it will come and go so quickly. I do understand tho, we had our engagement party Nov just gone, that was stressfull enough for me to organise :roll: Good luck with it all. Keep us posted on how it's all going :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby Alexandra » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:15 am

Ahh, the dress, that's the bride-to-be's special piece, :wink: your dress is sooooo beautiful! I can't wait to see your photos of your day..post event! I know it seems manic, but its fun too. I have a tip, my best friend was very calming and kept all the hoards at bay for me...she was like this "gate keeper". She was really calm and peaceful and happy and so supportive...she was wonderful...and she kept all the crap away from me...even when my mother was getting too much and asking me dumb, stressful questions just days before the wedding that weren't helpful. She really helped me. So, find someone like that, who can play that role for you, who can step back and be "gate keeper" - I found it helpful :D Best wishes!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby sassyshell » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:46 am

I love your dresses and everything you choosen so far. You going to be one hot bride!
sassyshell

Postby ali76 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:24 pm

Girls.....my dress is being delivered TODAY!!!!

AUGH!!!

I'm home sick with tonsilitis so I'm here to get it! And yes, I am actually sick! I'd called in sick to work before I even knew my dress was here - I only ordered it on the 22nd Dec....how quick is that?!?!?
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby mindy32 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:54 pm

Oooh ooh oohh!!! How exciting! That was super fast, how cool is that! You so have to take a picture to show us (with you in the dress of course!), I cant wait to see! Hope it's perfect and exactly what you wanted!

<3 Belle
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:52 pm

OMG that is so exciting. I can't believe they delivered it so fast!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:50 pm

It's here and it's perect....omg...I can't stop crying (may also have something to do with the fact I'm feeling like [email protected]!).

Girls....do yourself a favour and get your dresses through these guys...it fits like a glove (will only need alterations if I lose weight now), its beautifully made, its EXACTLY what I wanted and it cost not even $250!!! :shock: :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby meegs » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:52 pm

Yay!
That might help you to feel a bit better.
Take care lovey.
xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Postby mindy32 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:26 pm

Aww thats awesome hun!! Thats so good, Im trying to convince my mum to get hers on there but i think she's too old fashioned. Im hoping they'll still be around whenever i end up getting married and will still be so awesomely priced lol.

Im so happy for you, you HAVE to show us pics (arent i bossy :P)

<3 Belle
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby ali76 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:53 pm

Front:

Back:

Me in the dress (it makes my waist look tiny!!!)!

I've just got a new camera and I'm not sure how to set the timer so this is the best I can do for now! Mum's coming over on the weekend to see it so I'll get her to take some full body shots from the front and back.
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby meegs » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:18 pm

GORGEOUS!!!

You are going to look so stunning all done up!
I think you look great from that little photo.
I am sure you have perked up seeing that , am I right?
xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting