It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:59 am

Free Newsletter

Office refurnishing

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Office refurnishing

Postby Freddy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:06 am

Nah, I've been trying to adjust my image a bit. I'm one of the better employees so I guess I should set a good example ;) Besides that, a man in suit appears to look better than one in worn out jeans ;)
Freddy

Postby Gordz » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:31 am

in aus, the one in the worn out jeans get the client first because the client can relate =) also looks like he'd charge less =D
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:20 am

Depends on the industry. When I worked in telecommunications with big clients suits were absolutely mandatory. In design it's more important to look hip and on top of current trends. The important thing is to fit into the corporate culture so you look like a reliable team player.

Personally I love having different work clothes to relaxation clothes. It helps separate work and home in my mind so I can leave my stress at the office (or at uni in my case). Since the culture at uni is to wear 'normal' clothes I simply take some really nice shoes with me that I'd never wear walking or around the house.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Freddy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:50 pm

That's a good point EWQ. Besides that, the mind works in a weird way. If you decide work at home for a day and you slip into your work gear, your mind adjusts into work mode.

Anyway, I just wear dress pants and a nice dress shirt, with a nice pair of black shoes. No ties or anything. We only get the high ranked people of other companies at our company, and it appears they like to see a tech support department dressed up nicely instead of in worn out jeans. I guess it all depends on the industry.

Still, put me in a suit and I've noticed to get much more female attention, even if I'm overweight ;) Problem is, I don't have a fitting suit anymore ;)
Freddy

Previous

Return to Just Chatting