It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:45 pm

Free Newsletter

Is this rude?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Is this rude?

Postby sandradee » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:35 am

electrongirl wrote:Just to make it clear. I didn't mean you rattle off a list of rules when you first meet a guy. That's just going to make them run for the hills. And I don't do that either. Not that I ever "Dated" Being a mother of an autistic child I tend to be friends with someone first before anything happens romantically. I tend to be very cautious.

But anyway I didn't mean it that way. What I mean is, mainly due to Internet dating, its hard to get to know someone so I suggest talking to them for a while first before the initial date. That way you can work out what they will be like.

Make sense???

Makes sense....thanks :D
sandradee

Postby sandradee » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:36 am

Ally147 wrote:Ha yeah i know im only 20... but when i was 16 i was very much in love... And 4 years on i still have feelings for that guy (not the one who's wanting to take me out all the time)... very complicated situation for a 20 year old let me tell u lol!!

Sorry to hear that you still long for someone....it's a tough situation to be in!
sandradee

Postby sandradee » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:50 am

UPDATE
Spoke to him last night about his rude behaviour of grabbing the money..... needed to say something to him.

His excuse?
He wanted to create an impression and was nervous! He said something like he has been single since he was 20 (now 39) and he did not like that I critised him..... geeze

I have NO intentions of seeing him again but I am glad I had words to him.

I just wanted to know if I was over-reacting..........thanks for all the honest replies :D
sandradee

Postby Gordz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:01 am

Glad you're not seeing him agian.. was getting worried there.

is it any wonder he's been single for 19 years??
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby mindy32 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:49 am

Haha I think Gordz has a point, no wonder he's been single for a long time!

Nikki, don't worry, Im as nosey as they come! hehe and I liked reading the little bit about you and your hubby too, did he move out here before you all moved over to America? Im fascinated by it all hehe.

His family and friends are all down here, he's originally from Melbourne but he (Daniel) can't leave Brissy, obviously, being posted up there. Im finishing off uni at the moment, about to do my last semester, so we decided we'd wait until then before I move. We've only been together 6 months but known each other longer, and I guess you would understand: I think talking to someone heaps before you meet you know them soooo well before you're even together! But we decided that I'd finish uni, which I will in June, before I move so we will have been together a year, and I didnt want to give up uni etc. Plans are at this stage: I finish uni in June/July, my Mum is getting married in September, so Im sticking around for the couple of months in between, then we're heading on holidays for 6 weeks to Europe, and then Im moving straight to Brissy when I get back! Absolutely terrified cos I always said I'd never live away from my family, but I guess that was before I fell madly in love hehe. How you coping over there? That must have been crazy for you, moving over there. Im freaked out enough moving to Brissy and knowing pretty much noone, but a whole new country, you must be brave, good on u! How long did you talk for before meeting? Did you go out there first or did he come here? Ok, Im sorry im being nosey now ooops!!! hehe It does suck being apart, I guess im lucky we see each other every 3 or 4 weeks cos its not that expensive to fly from here to Brissy. He's down here for 4 weeks at the moment on Chrissy leave so I'm loving it!!!

<3 Belle
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby curvygirl » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:55 am

WHAT A JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have just read this post and I cant believe that this guy is for real. I so agree that is probably why he is single. I dont believe in throwing money around to impress people but you also dont spend money you dont have. If he wanted to ring you and talk for a few hours on the phone he must of known if was going to cost something.
You are too good for a jerk like that.
Wishing you better luck inthe future and I also agree that there are some good ones out there so just keep looking.
Merry Christmas
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:13 pm

Well he was right about one thing. He certainly made an impression! :roll:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Ally147 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:35 pm

Hi Belle,

Am i being too nosy if i ask ur boy's name?
I have a boy (not a boyfriend) who is in the army up in Bris (locating soon to Townsville) and he got back from Afghanistan in October this year. We were together when i was 16 and distance drove us apart after he departed for the army. We're still in contact almost everyday but maybe my boy knows ur boy???

Ally
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIbKc5e/]
[/url]
Ally147

Postby mindy32 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:48 pm

Hey Ally,

Nah not too nosey at all, totally fine. It's Daniel. He got back in mid-June so I would say they would have been there at the same time! The army sure is great for driving people apart hey? lol. I assume your boy (not boyfriend lol) is at Enoggera too? What regt's he in? Daniel's in 20 STA, worked with UAV's in Afghanistan. It would be such a small world if they knew each other!
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby electrongirl » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Belle,

We first started talking on New Years day 2005. We met on a website totally not about meeting people! We were friends at first but it grew into more quite quickly. It went from emailing to phone calls within a fortnight. Then I went to see him in May 2005 for 16 days. He proposed to me while I was in the US and then I went back to Perth and saved up for him to go to Australia. He arrived in Australia in Dec 05 and we were married in Feb 06 after only living together for 2 months (scary huh!!) but we knew it was right. Then in 2008 we decided to come here to live and saved and saved and sold everything and came here in October.

It wasn't too hard because none of my family were in WA so I am used to being away from them. I do miss somethings about Australia though, not the price of fuel though! Its bloody cheap here!

It is scary because I used to be in control of everything in Oz, finances, shopping, driving everything. Now I don't even know how to use the eftpos machines here properly! Everything is just a little bit different. I don't drive as its all opposite, everyone writes cheques for everything, no bpay. You can't buy continental recipe mixes! So many things... but I do love it here!!

Oh and Sandradee, sorry we hijacked your thread!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby mindy32 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:02 pm

First of all, sorry sandradee as Nikki said for hogging your thread! How rude of us. Funny though, I think this is the most active post for the last 48 hours lol.
You certainly got us talking!

Awww how cute! Im glad your happy there, it sounds exciting, even though scary! Lucky you love it (and your hubby!) I think it makes it all a lot easier!
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Postby Ally147 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:08 pm

Belle,

Im not sure what regiment he's in, we don't often talk bout his work, seeing as its the thing that drove us a part... We both still have feelings for eachother but when we live in different states at the moment its just not feesible. I hate him being overseas, but he sent me a birthday present from Europe when he had his few days off, cheered me up to no extent lol. Yes he's in Enoggera, for the time being, he's in Townsville at his mum's at the moment and is being transferred up there. In Afghanistan all i know is he was a "gunner" not sure if thats the right name, but he works with the light armoured vehicles. I got talking to a lady who's hubby was over there at the same time as Michael and turned out her hubby was working with him as a superiour or whatever... very small world indeed!
[/url]
Ally147

Postby mindy32 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:09 am

Ally,
Ahh ok. I can understand the having feelings but it not working being in different states, I guess lucky for me Dan and I are too determined to let that stop us haha. Though I realise I'll be moving next year eek! Yeah Gunner is the right name, that's the same rank as Daniel was over there (he's been promoted since). They may very well know each other, such a small world, especially since there is not THAT many guys over there! I'll have to ask Dan if he knew anyone called Michael, but then again they probably didnt know each others first names even if they did know each other lol.
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Postby Ally147 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:00 pm

Ah nice... They seem to know eachother by last names lol...

U 2 sound like ur great together... Its michaels birthday today but he didn't answer his phone, im guessing he's gone out for the night lol...

I wanna move to QLD at the end of next year... something different, but a long way from home.... You'll have to let me know how u like it!!
[/url]
Ally147

Postby Freddy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:55 pm

It's rude...

Since he's the gentleman (I assume) he was supposed to pay for both the phone bill and the animal park. Besides that, you never (and I mean NEVER!!!) snatch money. Death sentence for doing that with a woman....
Freddy

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting