It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:24 am

Free Newsletter

Just Chatting - June '06

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Dolly » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:25 am

Kim, when is your birthday? you mentioned on one of the threads that you and your husband went away for the weekend to celebrate.
Dolly

Postby KimE » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:31 pm

Mine is 6th June and hubbys is 16th June so we tend do something special around the middle but this time we did it closer to his. Staying away for the weekend was a spur of the moment thing and we had fun.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:50 pm

Happy birthday to both you and your husband for the 6th and the 16th. Going away for the weekend is a good idea.
My birthday is on the 1st of July, if I can get to feeling healthy again George and I will both be going on a business trip to Geraldton on the 28th and return home on the 2nd of July.
Dolly

Postby KimE » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:43 pm

That would be nice for you both to get away.

I have been to Geraldton also on a business trip strangely enough. We only stayed one night though. The drive there was difficult as there is just nothing to look at. Scrub, scrub, oh and some more scrub. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby KimE » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:46 pm

Oops I'm so rude.

Thanks Dolly for the birthday wishes. All the best for yours on the 1st. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:56 pm

Thanks for the BD wishes

I am allergic to the smell of tobacco smoke so we are staying at the Sun City Motel where absolutely no smoking is allowed. My left lung is sore because 4 weeks ago I walked to the shops and there was a man smoking in the car park, I have been fighting to stop it turning into pneumonia since that day. I hope I can shake the lung pain soon.
I didn't want to go to the doctors again because they cost 58 per visit then there would be tests to pay for then another 58 dollars for the results (I know I'd get half of that back in medicare but we just don't have the cash to spare at the moment)
I'll give it one more day with vitamin healing before I run to the doc for antibiotics.
Dolly

Postby mandymoo » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:06 pm

You poor thing Dolly. :cry:

I have actually never heard of your condtion. It must be so awful.

I feel proud to say that I am an ex-smoker - 4 weeks today!
mandymoo

Postby Dolly » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:27 pm

Thats great Mandy, My actual condition is calle Chemical Intollerance.
I got it when everyone at my work went for their coffee break 350 women (most of them smoked) and I suffered from passively inhailing their crap (even though I just made a dash through them to get to the coffee room) They even smoked in the 3 ladies toilet cubicles :shock:

I have never smoked in my life, it's so unfair to be a prisoner of my own house just because others want to pollute my air space :cry:

I've missed so many christmas dinners (staying home alone) whilst the rest of the family attend a big family do. Even last year on my 50th everyone flew off to Darwin to my nieces wedding and I had to stay home because there were a couple of smokers that were going to attend the outdoor function.
Lord only knows how I'll be able to attend my own daughters wedding next year.
Dolly

Postby mandymoo » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:47 pm

My heart breaks for you Dolly. It really does. I almost cried when I read that - It's just so unfair.

I send all my love to you.
mandymoo

Postby Dolly » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:26 pm

not to worry, if all goes well I'll be able to go to geraldton soon, my first outing in 9 years (I hope I don't meet up with any smoke fumes)

Anyway onto another topic, my mother comes home from her holiday in Germany and the UK this Saturday.
It'll be so good to see her and also good that she can cook for Dad again, he really wasn't eating well (no vege or fruit) I cooked a meal for him each weekend when we went to visit him but he insisted he could cook for himself :roll:
Dolly

Postby mandymoo » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:56 pm

Haha! I Tell you, my grandfather who is 70 could not survive without my grandma! He makes her rush home from bingo to make him a sandwich because apparently he can't do that himself! His excuse is "she makes it just the way I like it". :roll:

Just proves - men are hopeless at all ages! :D
mandymoo

Winter eating

Postby FatGarfield » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:12 pm

Hi all,
I agree with Dolly. Winter time, so cold. It makes you feel like eating more.
However, this morning, I look at my fat arms. I don't have any sun-tan. They look so HUGE. Ugly... Weekend is on the way. On Sat I am visiting relatives, who usually cook nice tasty food. On Sun I have visitors over to my place for dinner.

With the fat arms, I WILL stay away from all oily stuff, cakes and dessert.

Let's encourage each other...
FatGarfield

Postby Dolly » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:54 pm

Great plan Garfield, weekends are so tough for me too. But because of my annual blood check for cholesterol and diabetes on Monday I won't be touching any fat or sugar either :D

We've just gotta stay focused on our goals so we're young enough to enjoy being slim.

One of my sons and his girlfriend are purchasing a block of land in the Perth suburb called Success (59 are on offer) They have been camped out there since wednesday morning in really cold conditions (lucky he has a good boss) they are only allowed to leave their spot for 2 hours each 24 hours (if the other minds the spot for them) whilst they go to the toilet and get food (otherwise they lose their place in the queue)

The Saturdays West Australian reporters came and interviewed him. Channel 7 Perth copters flew over and the group of 100 were on the news tonight. I hope he gets one of the blocks as he was 27th in the row (I hope fights don't break out) the agents office opens Tommorow morning (the blocks are $200,000) people have already been offering $5,000 for people to give up their place in the queue.
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:21 am

Tegan, Happy 5th Anniversary for last Friday.
I hope you had a wonderful time at the revolving restaurant.
hugs
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:11 am

was actually Tuesday, but Thanks Dolly :D it was a lovely evening
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting