It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Just Chatting - July '06

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Just Chatting - July '06

Postby Dolly » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:24 am

Hi guys, thanks so much for all the birthday wishes from a couple of days back and Clare you are a good singer, the birthday song sounded just wonderful from here :lol:

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at Geraldon, the business trip was most successful and we have been invited to go up again.
Unfortunately our Nissan Patrol broke down just out of Dongara whilst we were heading home and will be towed back to Perth on Tuesday. My husband is still worrying about leaving the car there as it has some valuable equipment inside it.
We were very lucky and managed to catch a Trans WA coach back on Sunday to East Perth followed by a taxi to our house. I'm still suffering with travel sickness as what would have been a 3½ hour coach ride had he taken the coast road ended up being a 7 hour trip as the coach had to travel inland to pick up country folk headed to Perth. The room is still spinning as it was a very bumpy ride with lots of hills and zig-zags plus we were seated toward the centre back of the coach.

I ate heaps of hotel food and for some reason it didn't affect my weight so I'm pleased about that. We had a beautiful super large suite with a balcony overlooking the ocean. I think I'll be resting most of today to try and get rid of my travel sickness.
catch ya all next Sunday for my (as of now) once per week posting day.

Amanda, how did you go on the soup diet and did you manage to stick it out for the complete 7 days? ( it was day 4 when the scales first started to move when I went on it)
I think I read somewhere that your partner took your scales away :shock: I feel they are completely necessary on this diet as after day 4 things really start to move on the scales and seeing the progress is the encouragement needed to keep going. (Of course I no longer have willpower to follow through the full 7 days anymore) my husband says he remembers me losing just over 4 kg on it in the first week.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:59 pm

Damn cars!! Money pits all of them.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KimE » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:19 pm

Hi Dolly

Good to read that all went well and you had a good trip.

Don't envy you the coach trip at all. Certainly not my favourite form of transport.

Get plenty of rest and you should start to feel better.

Take care.

:D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:04 am

Test results are back from the Doc
Doctor said my thyroid seems to be repairing itself and I can now lessen my medication to only 100mcg of thyroxine per day instead of 150mcg
My motion sickness is probably vertigo so he's treating that with 5mg of Stemetil 3 times per day to see if that helps.
He said my blood sugars were perfect.
My cholesterol is just a tad up so he's got me on a special diet.
Did an eye chart test and my eyes are repairing themselves too
Think my body healing must be due to the daily bag of green Italian Salad (from woolworths) plus a daily vitamin E capsule and the 4 fish oil capsules I take.

We got the car back from Dongara safe and sound
On June 29th, I was going to take photo's of the clear orange sunset in Geraldton when I saw what looked like and asteroid or a meteor or a satellite. I took lots of photo's of it and now that the camera has arrived safely home (yesterday) I took a look at the shots. I'd heard that a couple of days ago an asteroid came as close as the moon to the earth. Perhaps what I took pictures of was the sun reflecting on the trail (as the asteroid itself was supposed to be invisible to the naked eye and these photo's are out of our orbit. Not sure what to do with the pics now.
Dolly

Postby KimE » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:37 pm

That is great news about your thyroid Dolly and all of the repairing going on in your body. You must be getting something right or else that wouldn't be happening.

Your photos sound interesting. Did they come out well?
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:09 pm

Yes all of the photo's came out well.

Whilst in Geraldton on a business trip, I was on the balcony at the hotel taking several photos (we just got our car towed back from Dongara after it broke down so this was my first chance to get at the camera)
The photos I took show something with an interesting tail near it.
It lasted much too long to be a meteorite burning up in the atmosphere and it definitely wasn't a plane. The tail also pointed away from the sun leading me to believe it was either that asteriod that was meant to pass within a few thousand KM of Earth, or a comet leaving a vapor trail.
LINK
Dolly

Postby KimE » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:56 pm

That picture is great Dolly!

Hmmm....of course I would lean towards alien spacecraft! :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:57 pm

E-mail it to your local astronomy club/observatory/university lecturer with the date and time of sighting and they may be able to tell you what it was.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:39 pm

Thanks for that Tegan, I'll do that.

I won't be on the forum much from here on, as I'm pretty busy at the moment.
I'll peek in every now and again.
See ya
hugs to all
Dolly

Return to Just Chatting