It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:13 pm

Free Newsletter

In between weight clothes

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

In between weight clothes

Postby happinessjourney » Tue May 12, 2009 4:28 pm

I am about half way in my weightloss journey and still need plus sizes... I was wondering for people who have been there and done that or people that are currently in a similar position, where do you buy your 'in between' clothes so that they don't cost you the earth!

I am also thinking, how many clothes should I buy in the new size I just went into, my weight loss has slowed down alot since the start so I am loosing about 1kg to .5kg a week - which is all good and healthy but it feels like it is taking a long time!

I want to look good in my 'new body' - but I know I still have some weight to loose... can you help?

Feel free to PM me :)

Re: In between weight clothes

Postby whit3tig3y » Thu May 14, 2009 4:05 pm

I think Ebay is the best bet :)
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu May 14, 2009 5:31 pm

Another option might be to take your old clothes to a dress-maker to take in. It won't cost you as much as buying a brand new wardrobe, and if you have any old favourites you don't want to get rid of you can give them a new lease on life.

I don't think you can continually keep taking clothes in as you drop sizes, but it might be a good stop-gap while you look for new, cheap clothes. As Whit3 pointed out eBay is a great place to buy affordable clothing!

Postby Carley » Mon May 18, 2009 9:38 am

I got 2nd hand shops...I have 3 size 16 pairs of jeans (in great condition) you can have if you want. I'm 5'3" if you want them let me know :)
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos

Postby Daisybeck » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:04 pm

It's amazing what you'll find at the salavation army or st vinnies these days. The clothes some people give away are almost new (brand new in some cases) and often still current season. The salvation army are getting a bit pricey but st vinnies are still reasonable. Take the time to go through everything in the store. I've found heaps of things in different sizes that fit me and that are still in season.

I also have a needle and thread ready and take things in where needed.

Return to Just Chatting