It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:35 am

Free Newsletter

Traveling!!!!!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Traveling!!!!!!

Postby court » Fri May 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Sorry just inspired by another post to come over and chat about traveling! :D Where has everyone been? Where do you want to go? Where do you recommend?

I have backpacked the whole of NZ, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Vanuatu, South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya, Malawi...relaxed on the beaches of Mauritius, been to the isle of Zanzibar and done a fair bit of Australia! :D Phew!!
Next on my list....India, Nepal, South America (honeymoon hopefully!), most of Europe...would love to do the Silk Road in China and the Great Wall.... Oh i think it would be easier to make a list of what i DONT want to do! :roll:
court

Re: Traveling!!!!!!

Postby Gordz » Fri May 29, 2009 2:59 pm

i've been to the great ocean road and lovvved it! awesome drive!!!

what. i'm 22... i've still got time!
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby electrongirl » Fri May 29, 2009 3:04 pm

Well having just moved from Oz to the USA I plan on seeing alot of this country soon! Plus Canada is fairly close!

Also Europe is really close so hopefully one day I will get there too!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby court » Fri May 29, 2009 3:04 pm

I have done that road too!!!!! Loved it!!!!! :D Yeah I have done most of my traveling in the last few years! Plenty of time Gordz!

last two big trips I was 23 and 24...have to hang up my boots for a while :cry:
court

Postby Jisgone » Fri May 29, 2009 11:27 pm

Ive done all of Australia besides tasmania, Ive been to bali, england, france, dubai, thailand, vanuatu, fiji and a few other islands in the south pacific.
I want to see the rest of europe, aswell as anywhere else that has lots of sunshine and beautiful beaches :)
Jisgone

Postby longy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:49 pm

oooo, travel!!!! My last big trip was over the christmas holidays to Nepal- out on the Everest Circuit- loved it!!!! 21 days of walking at altitude and eating garlic soup :lol: Was one of the best trips of my life!

Hubby and I are heading to Vietnam and Cambodia in a month! We're cycling for 2 weeks ending up in Phnom Penh. Really looking forward to it- only 4 weeks to go!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Postby court » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:51 pm

OMFG I LOOOOOVVVVEEEEEEE CAMBODIA!!!! You will have the most amazing time - Everest Circuit is a dream of mine..one of my motivations for weight loss actually!!!!!!
court

Postby longy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:01 pm

Do it Court! As soon as you've got enough $$$ together, I highly recommend it- PM if you want info on where we went and who with etc! We went with a company as it was our first time altitude, and will never ever regret it! Our guides were fantastic and knowledgable and oh my goodness the scenery...and people!!! but mostly scenery :lol: LOVE LOVE LOVE mountains and glaciers- can't get enough!

Getting really excited about Cambodia- although am worried about how HOT it will be!!! Looking forward to the travel, the people, the food and all of those other things that creep up and surprise you! (Like the traffic, the smells, the crooked cops etc :lol: ) The riding is 40-90kms a day, not sure on what kinds of roads- it has been one of my motivations for starting back on some truly regular exercise- I don't want to miss out coz I'm puffed out!
[/url]
longy

Postby court » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:06 pm

I cant wait!!!!! Lets not talk about traveling i get upset haha With the old mortgage dammit!

Ummm are you doing the road from Poipet to Siem Reap?!!? Please be very very careful on the roads over there!!!! Everyone is on a bike though so you should be A- Ok! Lots of dirt roads etc... that is aLOT of kilometres! I cant wait to hear how you find it.. You have to try FIsh AMOK it is one of the national dishes delicious!! The smells and everything well - just fantastic and the people even betetr - is high up there on my favourite countires list!! African people are amazing though. :D

Oh god back to work - this sucks!
court

Postby longy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:19 pm

I know what you mean about mortgage, we're going to get back right on it after this trip...PROMISE!!!! lol... we're lucky ours is quite a few years old now, so we've taken a year off putting absolutely everything into it, and dropped the payments down a fair bit. But after July, its all going back in there :( :) :? (Not sure whether to be happy or sad about that!)

We're riding from Ho Chi Minh to Siem Reap (with a bit of bus in there too) I wish we could have been for longer as I really wanted to do a cooking course while we were over there, but we had to be back - school hols :evil: why wasn't I born a Gazillionaire? Where did you go? I'm really looking forward to Angkor Wat.

Will DEFINITELY be trying Fish AMOK... will be trying EVERYTHING...and I mean it...whatever they dish out, I'll try :roll:
[/url]
longy

Postby court » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:22 pm

Fried tarantulas???
court

Postby court » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:24 pm

Angkor Wat is amazing - take a tuk tuk out to Bantaey Srei - the Womans temple - pink sandstone - utterly beautiful! I will have to remind myself of what to do there I have africa in my head now haha. I have a journal at home i will give it a squiz! In Ho Chi Minh go to Pho 2000 and have pho mmmmmmmmmmm
court

Postby longy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:38 pm

yup- I'll try a fried tarantula... now it's in writing, I'll have to, if it's offered!! Thanks for the tips , am so excited now, hadn't realised it was so close!!!
[/url]
longy

Postby mindy32 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:32 am

So far I've only been around Australia, but only 3 months, 1 week and 4 days (according to my ticker hehe) until I'm off to Europe! Whirlwind trip to England, Turkey, Greece, Italy, France, Germany, Netherlands, Czech Republic & Switzerland (passing through Austria too but no overnight stays there).

I'm sooooo excited!!!
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby warriorsgirl » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:27 pm

Me and a few friends are planning to do a contiki tour of New Zealand next year!
Looking forward to that, but otherwise I have not been anywhere...
warriorsgirl

Next

Return to Just Chatting