It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:30 am

Free Newsletter

big life changes-not weight related!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

big life changes-not weight related!!

Postby sarahm » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:16 pm

hi.um well dont think anyone really cares, but need somewhere to vent my feelings and this is the place i feel safest!started my weightloss joueney in early march.at nearly the same time, i met a wonderful man on-line.soon we started dating. then we fell in love. then he met my kids,and They fell in love! i had been strictly single for three years after coming out of an extremely bad[and violent] relationship of 12 yrs. my new man asked me to move out into a place together recently. within the week we looked at rentals,and applied for a 3brm house.that day we were approved. this week i have been frantically trying to pack my house full of possessions accumulated over 3 years-a nightmare. ghastly mess and what a job! my head is spinning and i am just terrified! my new man is so gentle and kind and the exact opposite of my last partner. but i feel so scared something bad will happen. and weird to b givingup my 'own castle'. strange to also be leaving the 'single mothers club' as this has defined me for some time! never ever thought this could happen to me after SO much pain. so in four months,i have shed 21kgs,given up drinking[heavily] and found love on the net. so dizzying! please wish me luck-i am really panicked. anyway just getting it off my chest! sarahm. x :roll: :oops:
sarahm

Re: big life changes-not weight related!!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:30 am

Good luck, Sarah! I'm sure it will turn out great. Don't start looking for the cloud in your silver lining. Things are working out for you, enjoy it instead! Seriously, you deserve good things and good things are finally happening and it's about time. Yay you! :D

*hugs*
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Amethyst » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:39 pm

Thank you for sharing that with us.

I hope what ever happens you and your children are happy.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby mr happy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:57 am

Best of luck to you Sarah. I can relate to your fears after being badly hurt myself in the past by a cheating first wife.
I had to learn to trust again.
I decided i would stay single forever so that i never got hurt again. I had no kids, but 2 beautiful neices, and one buff head nephew!! (in a kind way!!lol).
But then after i settled down and started thinking properly, and positively again, i thought to myself that true love really is a beautiful thing, and something that i didnt want to deny myself of for the rest of my life. In a way that would be like spending the rest of my life suffering from the actions of my 1st wife.
So i moved on, got a girlfriend that lasted 6 months but didnt work, then single again!!lol
Then at the age of 30 i started dating my current wife. I have 100% trust and confidence in my wife, and although we argue occassionaly, i love her to death. I had 100% trust in my 1st wife too. I had the "it'l never happen to me" attitude.....boy was i wrong!!
Obviously i have learnt to trust again which was a major hurdle for me.
Unlike yourself though, once me and my wife hooked up, i piled on over 30kg!!lol
Honeymoon is over now and im trying to drop it!!!

Good luck with whatever the future holds for you, and keep your chin up. It takes courage and risk to get the best out of life.
mr happy

Postby glam1 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:53 pm

:D congratulation Sarah.
You deserve it.

It can be scary to leave all your security after what you have been though, i 've been though a simalar exprenice and personally i always like to keep a nest egg and at least a few hours of work a week then i know i'm alright( BY the way i have a great husband now but those scares are always with me).

:D :D :D
glam1

Postby Freddy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:36 pm

I wish you all the luck in the world.

You shouldn't be this scared.
Freddy

Return to Just Chatting