It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Just Chatting - August '06

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Just Chatting - August '06

Postby Dolly » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:15 pm

Well it seems choosing to lose weight on my own without a forum has once again proven that my weight just soars up.

I really do need to keep coming here to post my experiences.
This morning I started back on my old
Easy Slim diet weighing-in at 95.1 :shock: so hiding the scales was not a good idea for me, I'm one of those people that really do need to peek in on the scales each morning.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:20 pm

Hey Dolly,

I really hope that Easy Slim works for you....it's great knowing that it's worked for you in the past. I agree with you - it does help being able to post your experiences every day/couple of days.

Tony Ferguson is really working for me and I couldn't be happier. I've lost 7.6kg in 5 weeks and have 17.4 to go, before I hit my goal weight of 68kg. I'm so excited about reaching goal. I've seen 2 cute tops that I really want, so I've decided that I'm going to buy them tomorrow in size 12's, as an incentive for when I get to that size...it's a little bit more motivation for me. Cam thinks that's a good idea too, so that helps.

At the moment I'm wanting something sweet and I've run out of diet jelly, so I'm trying to drink lots of water and thought that I might be able to take my mind off it if I jump on here and write to you.

I mentioned that I'd ordered a book. I found it on a website and it comes highly recommended. It's by a woman called Helene Byrne and is titled 'Exercise After Pregnancy: How to Look and Feel Your Best'. She speciaises in postnatal body conditioning and the reviews look great. I know Connor is almost 3 but I figured it's never too late to start. Hopefully it helps to tighten my jelly belly. I've done some research that suggests that just doing crunches/situps won't tone all stoimach muscles but the exercises she demonstrates in her book start with core muscle exercises, to tighten and flatten the core muscles first. It will be interesting to see if it actually helps.

Cam, Connor and I are going to start walking tomorrow. My foot finally feels better, so it will help my weightloss along if I get moving.

Chat again soon :D and thanks for your advice, support and friendship xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:08 pm

Gee Hayley, I'm so happy your weight's falling off like that, you must be so pleased.
That book sounds like a great idea and probably what most of us need to get rid of a jelly belly (with or without the baby, mine are all young adults now)
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:25 pm

Hey Dolly,

Yeah I think the book sounds great - but I won't receive it for another 3-4 weeks cos it's been ordered from the US!!! I'm dying to try it out and was hoping I'd get it a bit sooner than that.

I'm still going well on TF. I'm trying to get back into weighing myself once a week on Mondays - I've been naughty and have been weighing every day and found myself getting frustrated that things weren't happening a little faster - so back to Monday weigh-in for me.

Is your dog any better? I hope so.

Might see you in gmail tomorrow ????
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:25 am

Hi Everyone!
Hayley, Boontah has come through her operation and recovery really well. It was so scary when she developed pancreatitis and the vet phoned to say she has liver disease :shock:
She is now running around with her ball and loves her walks and is eating food again, hard to believe that only last monday I thought she was gonna die.

I'm doing really well on my Easy Slim diet too. I'm so glad I dug out the old ES booklet, it's a lot easier for me to stick to, although I'm sure I won't be losing the weight as quickly as you and the other TF dieters.

We can do this!
What time and day will you be on Gmail chat?
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:46 am

Hi all :D :D ,

Dolly, that is fantastic news about your dog. I'm so glad she's better now!

Gmail chat - probably won't be able to make it on their until Wednesday but I'll let you know.

Congratulations on your weight loss this week! I'm pleased that ES is working for you. I only lost 400g and 1cm this week but that's my fault completely, cos I ate Pea and Ham soup and ho chips on Friday night and then a scone with jam and cream on Saturday.

Better loss next week - fingers crossed anyway! My foot doesn't hurt at all anymore, so Cam, Connor and I are going to starting walking again.

I'll let you about gmail chat.
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:21 am

Great news about your foot healing and congratulations on still losing weight even though you had a snack attack.
Having that short step off the TF rails was probably what you needed to keep going. You will have another good loss next week, stay strong!

Where is everyone?? come in, say hello and have a virtual cuppa with Hayley and myself.

ImageImageImage
Dolly
Dolly

Postby KimE » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:43 pm

c(_) mmm thanks. :D

Hello

Glad to hear your foot is better Hayley and remember to start exercising slowly and build up don't jump in head first.

Dolly that's great that you dog came through the operation with flying colours. A little while back I had to have my cat's teeth cleaned (don't laugh) they were pretty bad and all the things I tried didn't work or she wouldn't eat. They knock them out to clean the teeth and ever since then she hates the vet and it is major dramas going there. Last time it took 3 of us to hold down a 4kg cat for an injection!

You ladies are both doing well keep up the good work.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:06 pm

Whats g mail lol
im lost
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Dolly » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:13 pm

Hi Jules, Gmail is short for Google Mail it's just email with a built in live chat window.
I think I'll download Google Talk (it's and Instant Messenger like Yahoo Messenger and MSN messenger)
You need Windows 2000 XP or 2003 for it to work.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:07 am

Well good morning Dolly, Kim and Jules,

How are we all this morning? I'm feeling really good today - even though the weather here in Perth is terrible today.

I caught up with a friend yesterday and we went out to a cafe (Dolly, have you been to Stuarts Cafe/Restaurant - near the corner of West Swan Rd and Great Northern Highway? It's lovely there).
I ordered a tea and then a latte and had them both without sugar. I didn't order any biscuits or cakes and you know what???? I didn't feel like anything like that anyway. I figured the latte was ok because in the TF book it says you can have a latte as an occassional treat. Then last night I cut down my protein serve for dinner. I was having the top end of the recommendation for women (120g), so I cut mine down to 100g. I jumped on the scales this morning and I've lost 200g since yesterday, so I'm now officially under 85kg!!!!! :D Yippee!! I can't remember when I was under that weight.....it's been a while.

It's great to have some other people join Dolly and I in the 'Just Chatting' section...and the idea of a virtual cuppa sounds great.

Connor turns 3 on Sunday and we're having a party with both Cam's and my family members. He is mad about the Thomas the Tank engine, so I've ordered him a 3D Thomas cake. I'm having a dilemma....I want to share his cake with him for his birthday and I know he'll want everyone to have some cos that's the type of little man he is, but I don't know how much damage it will do to my progress on the TF diet! What do you guys think?

Have a great day.
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:30 pm

Hi Everyone,
It sure is a miserable ol' day in Perth today with all the wind and rain but boy our dams sure need that rain (I'll be blowed if the government is gonna make me drink recycled sewerage water)

Unfortunately I can't go to restaurants or cafe's (and most times shopping centres) because people smoke cigarettes outside of these buildings, I have developed a condition called chemical induced pneumonia, which means I cannot go near anyone smoking or having their clothes smell of smoke without getting a bad lung infection or pneumonia. It would be nice to get out of this house and go to a cafe again.

I think you should provide lots of Connors favourite foods for Connor and the guests and set aside 1 plate of salad/fruit/diet jelly food just for yourself.
Life is way to short to miss out on the important occasions in your life.
A Tony Ferguson Shake is worth around 205 calories so if you substitute a sachet and an apple for the cake slice (just for that day) I don't think it will do any damage to your program.

a 100g slice of birthday cake with icing = 250 calories (so you could omit one sachet and one of your 50 calorie apples to make the calorie intake work out right)
and the cake slice has approximately = 2.5gms of fat (which is equal to the fat in one TF sachet)

If I were you I'd relax and enjoy your sons birthday, just don't go too overboard with any cake eating Image
click here for calorie converter
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:57 pm

Hey Dolly,
Thanks so much for the comments about the sachets and Connor's birthday cake. I still haven't completely made up my mind about having a piece...I think I'll just decide on the day. I definitely know I don't want to have the food that I'm preparing for everyone else - I'm happy with some of the old reliable diet jelly and an apple. We'll see how I go with the cake though, but I do think I'll end up having a little piece.

I completely forgot about your condition, I'm sorry :oops: . Gee, it must be very difficult for you - not really being able to go out anywhere. Wow! How long have you suffered from that? I bet it took a lot of getting used to. I hope you have lots of friends who come and visit often, to keep you company and show they care.

Will you be on gmail tomorrow (Wednesday)?
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:41 pm

I developed my allergy to tobacco smoke, chemical smells and perfumes exactly 10 years ago when lots of smokers at my work (360 women) were all smoking during their breaks and in the 3 toilet cubicals.
Also the laundry chemicals they gave me to spray on hospital linens were highly toxic, no chemical mask was supplied) I kept getting pneumonia but didn't make the connection to what caused it until a couple of years after I left the hospital laundry.
They don't even know how they have destroyed my life.

I hate it when my family goes off to celebrate christmas parties and I have to stay at home incase there are smokers there (I have never smoked in my life and yet I'm the one suffering)
On September 10th my son is having his engagement party and I'm preparing tons of food for the day but I might not be able to attend because my sons fiance just informed me about an hour ago that she has an aunty and a grandmother that are chain smokers and they will be attending :cry: buggar!

I will be on Gmail tomorrow several times during the day, I'll keep an eye out for you.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:32 am

Oh Dolly, I'm so sorry.....that is so unfair if you miss out on YOUR SON's engagement party because of an aunty and grandmother of his fiance! You must suffer so much, it's just not fair.

How did you end up being such a friendly, supportive, happy and positive woman?!?

Dolly, you are so good for all of us on this forum. You've helped me so much and I consider you my friend - so thank you for everything! Image
Hayley

Next

Return to Just Chatting