It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Just Chatting - August '06

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby SarahC » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:41 pm

Hey Dolly, sorry to read about your condition. That must be absolutely terrible :(

Just a question... have you ever considered checking with a lawyer regarding it, since it developed in your workplace? Your employer has a legal obligation to provide you with a healthy and safe workplace, which they obviously did not :shock:

They should have provided you with protective equipment, like the masks, and also a smoke free environment. In not doing so, they have violated your rights to a healthy and safe work environment, as well as violating the law.

Also, might be worth investigating...

I worked in a smoking environment at Crown in Melbourne for three years. Most of the time it was okay, but it really hit home when I developed a chest infection and the first thing the doctor asked me was "are you a smoker". Worst thing was that there was nothing anyone could do about it because, for whatever reason, they had all these exemptions from various laws :x

Postby Dolly » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:30 pm

Thanks for your comments Hayley and Sarah (I love the rose animation Hayley)
I think too many years have gone by for me to sue the laundry that I worked at. It was a government laundry with about 350 women working there but it got sold to the private sector.

When my poor husband has to massage my painful shoulder injury I got at the laundry or listens to me coughing though the night I often feel I wish I could sue them so they can at least pay for my medications even if the pain and suffering will always be my own personal hell.

I'll take a look at that link though (thanks Sarah)

Postby Hayley » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:07 am

Hi Dolly, you're in a horrible situation aren't you. Is there anything that can be done to help your situation (cure etc)?

Did you watch Idol last night? I did, but the TV played up for a bit, and I didn't see your daughter's friend - was she on last night?

Rainy old day today. Hopefully I can jump back online with my father today.

Have a good one!

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:47 am

Hi Hayley, I didn't see my future daughter-in-laws friend Taniel either (not sure how it's spelt) I guess she didn't make this round.
We got so excited when we saw her go through before, she has such a pretty but high voice.

This strong windy weather has put an end to my walking plans today

Return to Just Chatting