It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:02 am

Free Newsletter

Just Chatting - Sept 06

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Just Chatting - Sept 06

Postby Hayley » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:28 am

Good morning everyone,

Soooooo, who's going to join me for a virtual cuppa and a chat? I'd really love to hear how you're all going on your plans, in your life, at work etc etc etc.

Jump on and have a 'chat'

Hayley xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:36 am

I will Hayley, I've just put the kettle on.
Dolly

Postby Ally » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:45 am

Hey ho there Hayley....I'll join ya!

My plan is going really well, I am into the third week now and am getting into the habit of eating healthy. I have had quite a few triumphs of late (the biggest being getting out for that first walk...it felt amazing to be back at it!!)

I read through your progress and geez you are doing really well, you must be feeling really good knowing that the weight is coming off each week and that you well and truly on the way to a happier and healthier you!!

On the homefront, my kids have all got over their gastro and chest infections and Mack (my dog) has had his surgery on his leg and is recovering well at home. (Our pocket is about $760.00 lighter, but he was worth it!!!). So I am finally able to grab a bit of me time!!

Well that is about me all in a nutshell at the moment!!

Has there ever been or has anyone thought of having a live chatroom attached to the forum?? It would be a great way to have live chats with registered users online.....what do you think, can it be done..would be interested to have some feedback.

Anyway enough rambling...keep up the great work Hayley!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:45 am

Here ya go girls
ImageImage Image

So what did you get up to on the weekend? Did your husband have a nice fathersday?
I went for a family gathering to mum and dads house, I couldn't eat any of the lovely foods because I'm dedicated to the TF program and I have a very painful tooth abscess (dentist put me on antibiotics as the dental bill was going to cost 1,300 if I had the root canal and abscess extraction following by a tooth bleaching) She said the tooth was healthy so I will try and just fix it with the antibiotics (fingers crossed it works)
Ally, I'm so glad your dog is on the mend, I've been thinking about him lots.
There is a shout box attachment for phpBB forums but I believe the administrator would have to pay money for it and I think Scott does enough for us already.
Dolly

Postby Ally » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:54 am

aaaaahhhhhhhh!!! thanks for the coffee Dolly.

We had a very nice Father's Day (and I think Scott enjoyed it too :P !!LOL).

Oh no, root canal?? :shock: OUch and absess as well....my goodness Dolly that must HURT!! Hope all goes well for you and that they can fix it without extraction! (made my mouth go all twingy!!!). Are you able to take anything for the pain?? I know that when I had my tooth extracted I took Dental Fiorinal and that helped (you can get 2 strengths...one non drowsy and the other will help you get some sleep :wink: ) It is available over the counter, but just check with the dentist first!! Cheers
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:00 am

Thanks for the info Ally, it's in the roof of my mouth behind my front tooth. It's continually pulsing with pain, I keep taking Nurophen (as it has a pain relief & anti inflammitory action) It only helps a little.
The anti biotics should start to show signs of working some time tomorrow, I started to take them Saturday Noon.
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:13 am

ow this coffee is hurting

I will have to try something more abscess friendly :D

Ally wrote:We had a very nice Father's Day (and I think Scott enjoyed it too :P !!LOL).

I just noticed what you wrote. Is our forum administrator Scott your partner?
Dolly

Postby Ally » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:19 am

Oh Dolly, you sound like you have sooo much pain, you poor darlin'.
Wish I could give you a hug!!!

Oh well that is a shame about the chat room, but I don't see the point in paying for something extra. Yes I agree Scott does enough already.

Um in answer to you question..no Admin Scott is not my partner (even though he has fixed a couple of my bungles on this forum..thanks again Scott :P ) My hubbie is Scott (is that confusing!!! LOL) Oh boy I think I shall quit while I am ahead!!!! :lol:
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:21 am

teehee, my mistake.
I've gotta go now and get some work done but it was nice chatting with you.
Hayley's decaff coffee is getting cold, we'll have to catch her another time.
cheers
luv Dolly
Last edited by Dolly on Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:21 am

hi! just thought i'd jump in... wont have a coffee though girls, ill just have my jarrah hot chocolate :)

we had a great weekend of fathers day. we went to mick's mum and dads place yesterday morning and they cooked bacon and eggs on the bbq- it was all of a sudden this bbq but i didnt have any toast which had yummy margarine on it! or a can of coke along with it. so that is good :)

heidi had to go to the doctors this morning as she has a mark on her neck which i dont know what it is. he tried to have a look but she didnt like that much! so he gave me a script to get some cortisone cream for it to apply 3 times a day. she also has times where she gets quite wheezy and mick has severe asthma so the dr said to keep an eye on it and she is likely to get asthma when she is older compared to other children because of the fmaily history.

hmmm what else....

we have another bbq this weekend- now that the weather is getting warmer its turning into the bbq season! it for a joint birthday so i will take along some chicken breast for the bbq (love chicken on the barbie!) and hope there is salad!!

well thats all for now, thanks for the chit chat ladies :) im always here if ya need me :P
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:26 am

Gosh bbq's can be a real challenge for dieting people can't they.
I'll say a prayer for Heidi that all goes well with that mark.
Sorry, I have to go now girls,
hugs
Dolly

Postby Ally » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:41 am

Ok see ya Dolly, thanks for the chat, hugs and kisses to you!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Hiya Kate, that is not good about Heidi, hope she will be ok. Asthma often run in the family, Both my hubby and I have asthma and 3 out of our 4 kiddos have it!! With the right doctor it is easily managed in children. It is good that your doc is keeping an eye of her.

BBQ's can often be tricky, have you checked out the recipe I posted on Marinated Vegetables Salad?? This is a great BBQ salad recipe and it will ensure that you will definately have something healthy to choose from. I hope you like it, it is one of my favourites and puts a spin on taking a tossed salad.
[/url]
Ally

Postby Ally » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:46 am

ooops sorry Kate recipe is called Marinated Vegetables Salad with Feta. (air head is me!!)

Well lovely ladies...must go and do some work before my hubbie gets home from work.....thanks so much for the chat, meet here again soon!!!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:18 pm

yeah i have ally, might try and conjure it up for the weekend :) the thing with barbies as well is you have tog et ine arly to get yours when you help yourself otherwise everyone takes the good stuff haha
kate_turner2000

Postby Hayley » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:26 pm

Yuck! Cold, decaff coffee doesn't taste too good, does it?!? (laughs)

Hi guys, sorry I missed you but thanks for your replies. A live chat room on here would be a great idea, such a shame it sosts money.

Dolly, sorry to hear about your tooth! Is it the same one that was causing you problems before?

Kate, I hope you get your Heidi's sore spot on her neck sorted out, poor little girl. I know what it's like, as Connor has had many illnesses during his 3 years on this earth, and you just feel so helpless when something's wrong with your child and you can't seem to do anything to make them better. I really hope she's better soon.

Ally, I'm so glad you plan is working for you. It sounds as though you're finding it easier to stick to now, which is great....a real lifestyle change, good on you!

Um, father's day....it was great - beautiful weather here in Perth. Cam and I took Connor to Castle Dare Park, it's a park along the Canning River with a miniature railway system and mini steam engines and mini diesel engine. As he's so much of a train 'freak' we thought our little man would have a ball and he did - he so enjoyed riding with us on the mini trains through the swamp-land......I tell you though, the tiny carriages and little bench seats aren't too comfortable when you're bottom is a little larger (laughs!). We went with my parents, my younger brother, my younger sister and my grandparents even came along and grandad had a ride with Connor in a train too! It was a lovely lovely day.

We then went out to Cam's folks house in the afternoon and ejoyed sitting on their verandah on the hill enjoying the magnificent view and the sun!

Catch you guys here soon I hope. Sorry I logged off so early before.

Hayley xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Return to Just Chatting