It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:33 am

Free Newsletter

Vampires: Am I not a bit too old for this?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Vampires: Am I not a bit too old for this?

Postby Freddy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:02 am

1. Am I not a bit too old for this?
So recently I found out about Twilight. Loved the movie and am a bit embarrassed to say that Kristen Stewart is one of the hottest girls I've ever seen. Being born in April 1990 that makes her almost just over 8 years younger than me. For those not knowing my age, I'm 27...
I can't wait for the sequel to hit the cinema/stores :D

2. Am I not getting a bit too old for this!?
I used to be a big fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, both awesome series. That however faded around 2003. Now thinking about those series makes me miss those times. It's been over 6 years, I should get over it.

3. I can't keep up, I'm getting too old for this...
For the past days I've been holding my breath for about 4 and a half hours, watching the released 6 episodes of The Vampire Diaries. Another brand new, smokin' series about vampires.

4. Wait... were you just calling me grandpa?
While scouting the web for previews on episode 7 of The Vampire Diaries, I stumbled upon another serie, True Blood. Me, being hooked on vampires for the past days (or weeks?) I just had to find more on that and got my hands on a duo of previous seasons of True Blood. I'm excited to see what this is like! It's already releasing its third season, so I'm running behind schedule...

5. Conclusion. Old. Fact.
I'm getting old. Vampires are getting cooler by the minute. As Angel and Spike were just awesome vampires, Edward Cullen and the notorious brothers Stefan and Damon Salvatore are more like Vampire². Maybe even Vampire³! They're the censored! <- Just sayin'.
No other vampire ever was able to compare to these stylish, cool and (yes, I am saying it!) even attractive men. I'm unable to keep up with these series about awesome vampires, and am feeling older with the minute. Even though Lost Boys, Dracula 2000, Queen of the Damned, Blade, Underworld and a long, long list of other movies are awesome movies, these guys get cooler with the second.
Basically, it's as I said. I'm getting old, unable to keep up with these guys and getting older with the second, while they seem to stay in high school forever. I missed out on life and wouldn't mind slowing down my aging, or maybe even stopping my aging at this time.

So who's with gramps on this? Who likes these series and movies as much as I do? Anyone feel like discussing?
Freddy

Re: Vampires: Am I not a bit too old for this?

Postby emmer138 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:40 pm

you just became my best friend, old man :P

i'm not so much into angel or anything like that.. but the vampire diaries + twilight = :oops:

i'm even making my fiance come with me on wednesday night to see new moon at 12.07am hahaha even though he has to work at 6am :P
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS
To reach 91.7kg by 23rd Dec (2kg loss / BMI 32.11)
To reach 87kg by 27th Jan (7kg loss / BMI 30.46)
To reach 81.7kg by 17th Feb (10kg loss for Soundwave 2014 / BMI 28.61)
To reach 78.7kg by 31st March (15kg loss for my birthday / BMI 27.56)
To reach 75kg by 19th May (18.7kg loss / BMI 26.26)
To reach 70kg by 4th August (23.7kg loss / BMI 24.51)

emmer138

Postby Freddy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Hehe, sounds familiar :oops:

I showed my wife both the trailers and did myself a favor and bought Twilight for my wife's birthday as she was so anxious to see it.
Freddy

Postby Gordz » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:15 pm

i watched twilight for the first time on monday night, and ended up watching it twice! i LOVED it.
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Freddy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:29 am

Finally, will be watching it tomorrow with my wife! Loved it the first two times I saw it, don't think the third time will be worse :D

Next Friday we're going to see New Moon at the cinema :D
Freddy

Postby OhSheGlows » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:56 pm

My hubby loves Buffy and Angel (he has the collectors edition box set and the Buffy Musical CD) but can't stand Twilight. I am addicted! Have read all the boxs and can't wait for Eclipse to come out. Psst I'm the same age as you and still enjoy them
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYJj0Pz/]
OhSheGlows

Return to Just Chatting