It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Steve Irwin

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Steve Irwin

Postby Ally » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:15 pm

I know that it has been a couple of weeks since Steve Irwin's passing, but I watched the memorial service for him today and although it was sad, it was also uplifting. To hear Bindii speak with such pride and love about her dad was amazing. This little girl is going to inspire us all in generations to come!!

My heart goes out to his close friends, but most of all his family. To see Terri sitting there absolutely shattered, tore my heart in two. We have all lost a wildlife conservationist, an ambassador of Australia, but this lovely lady has lost her partner, husband, soul mate. How can words comfort and console her? They can't, but the love of her family can. I feel for Terri and those lovely kiddos over the coming months and only pray she has the strength to make it through each day.

Rest peacefully Steve, you work here is done
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:05 pm

I know ally, i was in tears this morning watching it. although it was uplifting it was still sad. he was such a great guy and i feel for his family.
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:28 pm

I also watched the memorial. I cried and laughed throughout the duration of it. I think I'm still in a bit of denial, I keep thinking he will come back out and say "suprise I'm still alive".

I know this wont happen , but he was just such a larger than life character. I loved his passion for life and his family, he truley was inspirational.

I cried when his best mate Wes spoke. The way his voice kept breaking was truley heart wrenching. :cry:

In the press conference afterwards his Dad said he was ok til John Williamson sang "True Blue", because not only was it one of Steves favourite songs , it described his son, a true blue Aussie.

He certainly will be sadly missed by all :(
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:34 pm

it was sad i think the saddest partswere the true blue song (both times it was played) and the ute part where the guy loaded up steves ute and drove it out and bindi sue when she said her speech. (and the sweat under the blue wiggles armpits were wrong!) good on ya anthony!

it is hard to believe that he has gone, he seemed so young and full of life. it makes me mad seeing all this feedback and comments about him being nasty to animals etc.
kate_turner2000

Postby Alicia » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:19 pm

I went to the service this morning, and think that Bindii is such an amazing little girl to stand in front of 5 thousand people and speak about her dad with such maturity and strength just 2 weeks after he passed away. I'm sure Steve's legacy will live on through her.

My heart also goes out to Terri and her family, I can only imagine how absolutely devasted they are. As Ally said, Australians have lost a lot, but his family have lost a son, husband and father.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Alicia

Postby Dolly » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:48 am

I knew he was a great conservationist but I've learned so much more about him. What a top bloke. I cried the two times I watched the recorded memorial service.
We love you Stevie, rest in peace, mate!
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:20 pm

So sad, I cried heaps :cry: :cry: :cry:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:19 pm

Im watching the terri irwin interview with ray martin tonight. just reminding you all incase you wanted to watch it :)
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:34 pm

I'm going to watch it to Kate, Tissues at the ready. I still cant believe it..............
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:43 pm

i still cant believe it :( i got upset reading womans day this week lol! damn hormones lol. i know ill cry tonight and mick will sit there and make fun of me- meanwhile he cried when peter brock died
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:46 pm

I was also very saddened to hear that here in victoria ,we had a car accident that killed seven yesterday including children, very very sad :cry: :cry:
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:52 pm

my mum and uncle mentioned that today but i didnt really comprehend what they were talking about. i will watch the 5pm news to see what happened. it sounds so sad though, there have been a lot of accidents lately its not nice at all.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:11 pm

School holidays mate...people go nuts trying to get everywhere in a hurry, and it is silly. Life is too precious to waste. I heard it on the news last night about the 7 people and saw a bit of the wreckage and it was terrible.

Yep Terri Irwin on channel 9 tonight...will be hard to watch. I just hope that now she has done her interview that people will now respect her privacy and allow her, Bindi and Bob and the rest of the family to grieve in private. I would be devasted if I lost my hubbie and that would be bad enough but to have the eyes of the world on you would make it even harder.

Hey Kate, you should tell mick he is a big wussy for crying if he makes fun of you!!! LOL (just kidding :P )
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:24 pm

hi ally yeah i am prepared to remind him of his grieving if he laughs at me. lol. i know what you mean about letting them grieve in private (the irwins). its so sad.
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:04 pm

I set my TV this morning ready to record the interview with Ray Martin.
America watches the show tomorrow I think, my friends in the UK are also very sad over Steve's passing, he did so much to rescue animals.
Dolly

Next

Return to Just Chatting