It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:08 pm

Free Newsletter

starting your own business?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

starting your own business?

Postby matchbox » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:28 pm

hey guys,

just wondering if anyone has their own business or home business? I'm thinking of starting one and would really like to hear from someone who has one or has in the past :)

thanks! xx
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Re: starting your own business?

Postby liv_twinmummy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:10 am

matchbox wrote:hey guys,

just wondering if anyone has their own business or home business? I'm thinking of starting one and would really like to hear from someone who has one or has in the past :)

thanks! xx

Hullo :)

I have 4 little girls and working away from home at the moment is impossible...Now this is NOT a sales perk or anything but I joined 'The Body Shop At Home'...Its like party plan but the products sell themselves...If you love the store then you'll be right!! I have done direct selling in the past and failed miserably however I am recruiting people (which is something I thought you had to PUSH people to do) yet Im the total opposite and Im going great guns!! I love it!! Also the body shops core values and assistance toward Community trade got me in :D

I put in about 2-3 hrs a day and sometimes work at night when the little ones are asleep and Im doing realy well. Hubby is very proud and I believe this is where I will stay, if you want some info Id be more than happy to share it with you ;) The only cost is $300 upfront thats it!

My hubby is also starting up a videography business, which he goes along to weddings and does the most gorgeous vidoes and edits etc...The only downfall there is the cameras are approx $15000 each and we need 2!! Other than that its great also...Hoping he can leave his current FT job to live his dream very soon..

Hope this helps?? What are u interested in??
liv_twinmummy

Postby Shellabella27 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:41 pm

I started my own home based business early last year. My business is bridal wear aimed at bigger brides, and brides in rural areas. I offer in home consultations, so you dont have to put up with feeling intimidated in bridal stores or put up with bad service. My advice is find something, a service you can offer or something that isnt currently offered (or not offered well). You also want to do something you enjoy. If you want any advice, feel free to pm me :P
Shellabella27

Postby GoddessInside » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Hun, what are you looking at ?
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby matchbox » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:13 pm

it was a while ago, but i was thinking cupcakes/cookies/sweets :) and possibly a mail order kinda thing :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Return to Just Chatting