It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:20 am

Free Newsletter

What the?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

What the?

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:20 pm

Oh my... I just saw on Hayley's Ticker that there are 13 weeks to xmas. are my eyes deceiving me?? :shock:
kate_turner2000

Postby Hayley » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:25 pm

nope, sorry to shock you Kate - laughs. It's hard to believe isn't it? It only feels like it was last Christmas not all that long ago! How fast a year goes by now! God, and I haven't even done any Christmas shopping either. I wanted to start buying a present a fortnight starting last month, but haven't actually done that!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:30 pm

haha exactly like me hayley. it was only a few weeks ago that i said to my family 'im going to buy a present each fortnight so it doesnt end up costing too much closer to xmas' and the only thing i have brought are some dr seuss books for heidi. lol. and its her birthdya the 9th december so i have to buy for her then too. if i dont get my butt into gear it looks like i will be shopping xmas eve- AGAIN!
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:36 pm

Some of the shops at DFO had xmas decos for sale today.... :shock:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Hayley » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:36 pm

I know! I hate shopping on Christmas Eve!! Drives me crazy so will try to get it done earlier this year. My mum's birthday is 9th December also, so I will have to buy for her then too. And my nephew is 16 yrs on the 5th December, so another pressie for him too! Arrhhhh!

I love Christmas though, especially more now, because Connor loves it so much....nothing quite like watching your child get excited about opening presents and Santa Claus etc! I want a nice big tree this year I think. What do you do on Christmas day? Take it easy or run around after everyone else, visiting family etc?
Hayley

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:47 pm

well last year we opened our presents at home- just me mick and heidi and then we went to his parents house in the morning and then my mums for lunch and the afternoon. this year we are going to his mums xmas eve instead and then sleeping at home and then going to my mums xmas day. we love going to my mums because she lives around the corner and my step dad is the best cook!! i dont think we will have xmas at home for awhile. not until heidi is old enough to want to stay at home and play with her toys and not until i can learn to cook a beautiful xmas feast. i cant make nice baked dinners lol. :oops: :? :( :cry: i just love xmas, its better than my birthday! what do you do for xmas??
kate_turner2000

Postby Hayley » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:15 pm

For us, Christmas has always been about rushing around to see everyone and not having 2 minutes to ourselves. When dad's folks were still alive, that was the busiest Christmas time: open pressies at mum and dad's ; race out to Bullsbrook for breakfast at Cam's mum and dad's ; lunch at my mum's sister's with those rellies in Leeming; Dinner at dad's folks with that side of the family in Mundaring. Sometimes we'd even then go to Cam's aunties house after dinner in Mundaring....it was so full-on and meant that one of us couldn't drink cos we'd have to drive and we'd hardly get any time at each place cos we'd have to leave to travel to the next meeting. Last year we were still living in Exmouth (16hrs north of Perth), so we had the most relaxing day: breaky at home with Connor to open his pressies; lazy BBQ lunch with some friends who,lived 3 houses down from us.....so casual and no driving around to keep everyone else happy. Who knows what we'll be doing this Christmas, maybe moving up to Denham/Shark Bay??? Fingers crossed.

Sunbathing for me today when Connor goes down for his arvo nap, yippee. 24 and sunny in perth today. 8)
Hayley

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:57 pm

thats good that u are looking after youselves and conner this xmas :) at least you'll ave a nice relaxing one at home and connor can enjoy playing with his presents :) we are pretty lucky that we live close to our families- but that can be a bad thing too haha
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:17 pm

To prevent the mad Christmas day rush, I have a few family members for a Christmas eve meal, so Christmas day is just a time for my own family (Husband and kids) and if my kids want to spend Christmas day at their boyfriends or girlfriends houses, that's fine because we already had our Chrismas dinner together on Christmas eve. I now love Christmas day again, it's slow and relaxing and totally ours.

I'm thinking of incorporating a present idea that some of my husbands family use.
They have a hat that contains the names of each person they would normally buy a present for.
Each person takes one name out of the hat and buys that person a present for around $30 and that is it.
You buy one present for Christmas and you will receive one present at Christmas without having to go broke.
Buying individual presents would only happen during their birthday.
Dolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:00 pm

Hi dolly

yeah this year we are having a get together dinner at micks mum and dads place. that way his sister and her family can be there as well as us. then on christmas day we go to my mum and step dads. that way we can see my family and have lunch etc. we can even walk home if we want a drink.

we tend to just buy for the kids we will see. i have nieces and nephews spread out all over qld and nsw so we obviously dont see them but the ones we see xmas day (and xmas eve) we buy for. we dont expect anything from people as they tend to buy for heidi which is ok by us! i also get my pop a tin of bikkies cos he lives on his own and i buy for our parents because they dont have little kids. it doesnt work out too expensive each year for us so thats good. i also tend to grab cheap boxes of chocolates to keep wrapped up for unexpected arrivals!!!
kate_turner2000

christmas madness

Postby fiona » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:44 pm

we have 3 kids, boy 13, girl 11 and another girl 7. Christmas used to be lots of fun, videoing the darlings opening their pressies and breakfast together. then the madness would begin, lunch at my parents and dinner at his!!!
Now we have one day at each. Christmas day at his parents, with Kris Kringle arrangement and Boxing Day at his brothers place, usually a bbq. My dad will join us this year as a couple of years ago i lost my mum. :cry: :cry:
The older kids have christmas all sussed out, but i try to keep the magic for Cas, the 7 year old. it is a special time.
As to what i'll be able to eat this year, well we'll see.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNxsd9O/]
[/url]
fiona

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:51 pm

Hi fiona

sorry to hear about the loss of you mum. my dad passed away in February 1995 and i was 9 years old. the last christmas i had with dad there was 1994 and i remember him being so sick xmas day crawling up the hallway in pain. not nice.

ANYWAY i hope that your kids have a great day. everything changes once you get older i reckon. i knew i shouldve played dumb with the santa claus thing cos i would still get more presents haha.

this xmas i am hoping to have reached my goal weight so i can relax and enjoy xmas and new year. my resolution this year wont be 'to lose weight' its going to be 'to be healthy and fitter and happier' or something along those lines :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:08 am

:shock: oh dear dear dear...Christmas is just around the corner isn't it....I saw Hayley's ticker and tried to ignore it!! :lol: My gosh Kate and Hayley, you certainly have enough Christmas spirit for all of us put together LOL!!!

Hayley that must have been a terrible strain on you guys doing all that travelling in one day!! :? Goodness I don't know how you coped!! I am glad that you had a relaxing time last year and hopefully you will again this year too!!

Our Christmas day is spent really relaxed. We only buy the kids presents and we do as little preparing as possible...up here it usually gets pretty close to the 40*mark :cry: , so it is quite hot. My mum ran herself rampant for all the years that I can remember and while everyone else was relaxing, she was running around making sure everyone was ok and never really got to enjoy Christmas. Most of the time my dad was crissed as a picket by 9am in the morning, so after mum and dad divorced when I was 15, the very first Christmas we spent was just enjoying having mum sitting with us for the day. We prepared all cold meats and salads and just sat and enjoyed family time with mum. This year my brother is sharing Christmas with us for the first time in 11 years and we are spending the time out with mum and my brother on their farm. I can't wait!! :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:58 am

its not too far away now ally!!! even in 40c heat down here we still have a hot lunch lol. i love it though. with the bon bons and paper crowns and no so funny jokes haha. ah i love it!

have a great year on the farm with your family ally :) at least there is lots of room for the kids to go nuts!
kate_turner2000

Postby Hayley » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:16 am

This Christmas I hope to be in Shark Bay, sitting on the verandah of the 3 storey house we hope we'll be living by then....enjoying a good old aussie BBQ, with BBQ garlic prawns, fresh fish on the hot plate etc etc and a glass of my favourite white wine! Oh and some pav, I love pav!

For those of you who don't know WA well, Shark Bay/Denham, is a small coastal town about 8 hours north of Perth. The house we hope to be moving to by then, is 3 storey and is about 100 metres from the beach, with the 3 verandahs/balconies overlooking the beautiful crystal clear waters of the sheltered bay! Just gorgeous, god I hope we're there in time for Christmas. If we are, it'll be a relaxing and quiet day, cos my family will remain in Perth, and Cam's family may drive the 8hrs to celebrate with us...who knows!

http://www.sharkbay.asn.au/index.html

Take a look at the tourism website for the town if you're interested. It's beautiful.

And before you ask.....no, that's not me in the bikini! :lol:
Hayley

Next

Return to Just Chatting