It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:31 am

Free Newsletter

Footy

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Footy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:11 pm

well the swannies lost, but it was an interesting last quarter. good on the eagles though, they deserve the win.

NOW on to nrl, still hoping the broncos win tomorrow. not that i have anything against the storm, i just want broncos to win so that webke goes out on a high, and darren lockyers awesome :)

fingers crossed!
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:43 pm

YEAH WE DID IT WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I am so deliriously happy now.

Sorry kate, but these are my BOYS! I've followed them since I can remember, since I was a little kid, I remember the 1992 and 1994 premierships vaguely.. I cried last year when we lost by four points...

BUT WE DID IT!!!!!

WOOO!

*celebrates*
Mandie

Postby Hayley » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:01 pm

Don't even follow footy but I admit I watched the game while my sick little boy was sleeping.....GO THE EAGLES!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:17 pm

lol i dont follow the game im a nrl girl but i felt the need to support the swannies cos theyre a sydney team. it was a close game but the best team won today so congrats to the eagles.

im really looking forward to the grand final tomorrow. whoohoo!!! (even though the knights arent playing)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:01 am

Oh yeah...she is gonna be a ripper of grand final tonight!!! I just hope I am well enough to watch the whole thing!!

COMMON BRONCOS...YOU CAN DO IT!!

Shane Webke is a fantastic bloke!

Congrats again to the West Coast Eagles!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:56 am

My hubby watched the last 15 mins of the game and wanted the Eagles to win as we used to live in WA.

Go the Storm for today! :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:26 am

yay the broncos won! *does jig*

we had a barbie and nibblies (will tell you how that part went later) and my inlaws came over. we were quite unimpressed with the ref paul simpkins with most of his rulings. it would have beena better game if were fairer. i feel that the broncos didnt get much ball during the game, i think they won because their defense was of a high standard. so well done broncos you are champs!!!

p.s. there is a big outrage about the west coast eagles in the news because they didnt have the decency to shake the hands of the kids who gave them their medals on saturday. i think only one guy did.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:53 am

that is a shame about the west coast eagles doing that isn't it...I think that would dampen the kids spirits a bit as you can guarantee they would be huge fans!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:58 am

There were only two that were still in their adrenalin rush and forgot the handshake, it would have been an accidental oversight.
The papers were probably just biased in their team losing and wanted to report something the Eagles did wrong to make them look and feel bad.

Return of the charity home
6 September 2006

The West Coast Eagles has teamed up for the second time with Port Bouvard Limited and Beaumonde Homes to build a quality two-story home at the exciting Princeton Private Estate, Stirling.
The beautiful four-bedroom, three-bathroom home, located on a prime block overlooking the landscaped lake, will be auctioned in early 2007, with proceeds from the sale going towards the development of junior football in WA. Such a commitment will benefit more than 100 metropolitan and 120 country-based clubs.

The home is currently under construction and almost at lock-up stage, expected to be completed around Christmas and open to the public in January 2007.

The reporters shouldn't have made a big thing of it in the papers, the Eagles have Hearts of pure Gold and visit the kids in PMH childrens hospital regularly. It was just an accidental oversight that 2 of them forgot to shake hands.
Dolly

Postby Ally » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:06 am

Thanks for that Dolly...I agree about the media blowing things out of proportion...I take back my earlier comment at not having all the facts in :oops:
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:51 pm

hi dolly

yeah they mentioned on telly that it was jsut they were caught up in the excitement of the win etc. i dont doubt their commitment to helping kids and role modelling :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:00 pm

No problem, if it were the other way around I'm sure our reporters in the west would have tried to dirt dig too. It's awful how the press can destroy people just to sell magazines or news papers, it happens to movie stars all the time.
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:39 am

Well Done to the West Coast Eagles :D

As the Crows didn't make it I think the best team won. :wink:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Return to Just Chatting