It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:05 am

Free Newsletter

jobs?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

jobs?

Postby matchbox » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:53 pm

grrrr jobs are sooooooo hard to get in perth!!!! I am sooooooo sick of looking for jobs only to get turned down or not hear anything at all!! I'm sure being a student doesn't help either.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Re: jobs?

Postby Jisgone » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:49 am

aww :( I know a few places looking for staff! what days can you work?
Jisgone

Postby matchbox » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:54 pm

I've got uni in the morning but im free every afternoon (except monday), late night and saturdays are good too. Tuesday I just have one class in the morning. I swear i have applied for about 30-40 jobs and nothing!! just a couple of rejection letters :(
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby CrimsonThunder » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:20 pm

I know it may not be the most glamorous job but have you tried fast food?

If theres any 24 hour stores there that'd be good if you can work night shifts. It'd just be harder because your an older person that can't work during the day. If you have your lisense you could get a job delivering pizza. Because you don't have to be young to get a job doing that.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Shellabella27 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:00 pm

I know how you are feeling. I have just relocsted form Melb to Mildura, and wow, I cant find anything! Being stuck at home all day certainly doesn't help me in the weight loss area either. I am definately a boredom eater.
Shellabella27

Postby Carley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:43 pm

matchbox wrote:grrrr jobs are sooooooo hard to get in perth!!!! I am sooooooo sick of looking for jobs only to get turned down or not hear anything at all!! I'm sure being a student doesn't help either.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

We are having the same problem. My husband is a teacher and can not get a job. Life sucks right now. :evil:
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby Shellabella27 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Carley wrote:
matchbox wrote:grrrr jobs are sooooooo hard to get in perth!!!! I am sooooooo sick of looking for jobs only to get turned down or not hear anything at all!! I'm sure being a student doesn't help either.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

We are having the same problem. My husband is a teacher and can not get a job. Life sucks right now. :evil:

I know how you feel, My hubby is a teacher too, and we have ended up 7 hours away from friends and family because that where he got work! :shock:
Shellabella27

Postby Carley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:05 am

Shellabella27 wrote:
Carley wrote:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I know how you feel, My hubby is a teacher too, and we have ended up 7 hours away from friends and family because that where he got work! :shock:

that may happen to us soon too :(
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby liv_twinmummy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:48 am

hi girls...

Ive recently joined this forum and am just loving it!! I knw what u mean about work :( It frustrates me because you go on websites and apply for vacant positions to be told (if your even told at all) that the position was filled a week or so ago etc??? Well then get it off the website! It really annoys me!!

I had twins 9 mths ago so that makes 4 little girls under 10 for me so finding something stable or even going back to my job was pretty much impossible...I ended up joining 'The Body Shop At Home', yep its part of the Direct Selling Association, no its not your usual party plan and yes, Im having a blast!! If you like the products give it a go!! They sell themselves actually. My confidence levels have sky rocketed and I feel like such a new person, a better mum, wife and friends :D

More than happy to email you everything you need to know :) Oh, and no Im not a pushy stalking consultant, Im a happy one who LOVES my job :wink:
liv_twinmummy

Postby waterbaby » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:37 pm

hiya
I feel your frustration!! It took me six months and I got heaps of non-responses - how rude!!
In the end I just copied 12 CVs a and dropped them off to 12 cafes and shops locally and got one within a week.
Not loving it though, not used to being on my feet so much. Losing weight will help I am sure.
Good luck, just keep at it, and keep talking to people you meet, you will be surprised at how opportunities come to you!
Rach
xo
Rachel - mama of 2 boys (DS7 & 2)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVRereJ/]
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
Goal Weight: 65-68 kg
Working hard now! No room in my life now for half-hearted attempts!
waterbaby

Postby Lucid87 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:23 pm

Seems to be murphys law , whenever you aren't looking for a job they are all aroud and look perfect and then when you're looking its a job that doesnt suit you or there's nothing or worst of all they talk about how they want a professional and then they don't have the bloody courtesy to even send an email to say the job is filled!!

That's awful about the teaching jobs, they encourage people to get into teaching and there's no jobs.
Lucid87

Postby Downsizeme » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:07 pm

So, what do some of the people that do have jobs do for a living?

I work for Reliance Petroleum, as a site manager for a big roadhouse. I have 26 staff, some of which actually turn up and do their shift :lol: (kidding). I am on my second site now and heading in to my second year with the company (great to work for)

Prior to that my husband and I worked together for many years doing site / operations management. We have lived all over Aus including Hamilton Island, Ayers Rock and The Nullarbor - also lived on an Aboriginal community north of Darwin for 2 years, fantastic experience.
Changing my life, one ounce at a time.

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHHCsTy/]
[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby Downsizeme » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:56 pm

BTW, if you are in an area with a Reliance BP Station, and you wouldn't mind doing console or kitchen work (for the bigger sites) they are always on the lookout for good staff. Money is good too, and mostly the shifts are now 6.25 hrs, so not too long on your feet if that is an issue. www.reliancepetroleum.com.au

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby matchbox » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:48 pm

hey downsizeme, i just PM'd you if thats ok :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Downsizeme » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:40 pm

No problem :)

[/url]
Downsizeme

Return to Just Chatting