It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:22 pm

Free Newsletter

Idol

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Idol

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:34 pm

Ok... everyone did really well except i wasnt too keen on chris murphy, or ricky muscat. they didnt do it for me lol. but yay! damo got a touchdown!!! *votes for damo x3*
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:45 pm

I really enjoyed Dean, Lisa, Damien and Jessica. Of the remaining 3 I'm not fussed who goes :lol: :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Ally » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:22 am

I enjoyed them all except Lisa and Ricky I think he was trying to be too much like Robbie Williams and it ruined it for him.....Lisa...well I just think my thoughts on her should go unprinted!! LOL.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:21 am

Every week I look forward to seeing and hearing 16 year old Lisa Mitchell singing with her unique incredible voice.
I was so pleased when Mark said what I was thinking all along, that she sounds exactly like a young Joni Mitchell from the 60's.
Although the last two times she wasn't picking the right songs to flatter her voice fully.

I think either Dean Geyer, Damien Leith or Jessica Mauboy will be this years Aussie Idol.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:17 am

Well, I was so pleased for Damien! I think he has such a beautiful voice....gave me goosebumps last night to hear him sing that and I even prefer his version rather than Chris Issack's (spelling sorry). Damien got our votes last night.

I also think Jessica has such a wonderful voice, especially for such a young woman who has never had any training. She sings so effortlessly, she's very blessed with her voice that's for sure!

I felt sorry for Ricky last night, it was quite obvious he was still unwell, as he normally puts in so much effort to his performances.

To be honest, I really don't like Lisa's voice - it almost seems to me that she doesn't want to be there and therefore doesn't put any effort in...but that's just my opinion. I know others really love her voice.

I would love to see Damien or Jess win, but somehow I think Dean will win (overall package and lots of young girls vote for him I feel). I really dont think much of his performances or voice though.

I felt sorry for Chris last night too. I thought it was great to see him sing something different instead of joking around with a 'rock' song. We all thought he sung really well and showed a lot of emotion- isn't it funny how different everyone's opinions are!

I wonder who will go tonight? I have a feeling it will be Bobby, Chris or Ricky.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:03 pm

i think ricky will go tonight. his eyes are annoying and freaky lol. make sure you vote for damo hayley!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:40 pm

Maybe to make the voting a bit fairer that should adapt it something like Dancing with the Stars where both the public and the judges get a say in who goes each week...what is everyone elses opinion??

I think that not always the "best" singer wins as it all is dependant on the voters and nine times out of ten it is directed at the younger audience.
[/url]
Ally

Postby tanya » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:42 pm

i love lisa mitchells voice. she does seem to not be all that interested sometimes tho. but i think dean will win this year. he has a good voice and all the girls that would be voting for him would be huge.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby Dolly » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:48 pm

I think they stopped the judges picking who's out and who stays
because they were getting too much hate mail.

I'm with Tanya, Dean is so good looking, so long as he keeps
the up tempo romantic songs coming in, he'll get all the young girls voting for him.
Dolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:16 pm

i agree that dean geyer may win because of the connection the young fans. he sure is an entertainer- reminds me of a hanson brother though! wont knock them though as thats another story!

at the start of the show i though chris and damien would be at the opera house. we will see though. there are some good performers this year.

too bad bobby is gone- not! mick reckons the last part was edited because they didnt show what mark said and all of a sudden everyone was up on stage except marcia. i didnt see it though as i was typing away here lol.
kate_turner2000

Postby Maraver » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:31 am

I was sad to see Bobby go becuase he was just so different
Pam
Maraver

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:43 am

I was sad to see Bobby go..he had a unique style and I really liked his voice....I actually think Mark was not happy at all about Bobby going. Although I do not like Lisa Mitchells voice, I agree Tanya that she is just doesn't seem interested. I actually think she doesn't have the maturity to be in it this year....maybe she should have waited a year or two. (not being harsh about her I just feel she is a bit overwhelmed by it all)
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:51 am

i agree.

bobby is unique but not someone who i would go and buy an album of. and i think lisa has a great voice but i think she isnt an 'entertainer' as such. if u get what i mean.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:57 am

Yeah I get what you mean Kate...I still think it may come down to her age and experience. That is no slight on her she is doing the best she can, but I think she needs to heed some advice and just loosen up a bit maybe?
[/url]
Ally

Postby Hayley » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:42 pm

Well, I can't wait to watch the Idol special that's on tonight. It will be really interesting to see them sing original songs etc. I did think it was very unfair that Bobby was invited back to perform on the show tonight, after he has been kicked off. If they're going to make an exception for him it's not really fair on the others is it? You know, that's part of staying on the show, an incentive/reward for remaining in the final 6. And, what about the other contestants whoi have been eliminated already....do they get to come back to perform on tonights special show? What do you guys think about it?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Next

Return to Just Chatting