It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:29 pm

Free Newsletter

Idol

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:46 pm

wow i didnt know he was invited back. i agree with you hayley- once u r out u r out!
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:51 pm

I'm glad my fav's are still in. it sucks that Bobby boy is allowed to sing tonight, it certainly isnt fair on the others who have gone.

I'll have to tape it tonight, I'm off to the dixie chicks concert.. :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:07 pm

oooh lucky girl! have a great night slimmin!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:56 pm

I understand your point there Hayley and it is certainly a very valid one.

I am glad that he got to come back though, but that is from a selfish view point as I like his style. But as I said I understand completely where you are coming from Hayley!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:41 am

well i thought the idols songs last night were done really well. jessicas bacharach song made me cry. she just sang it so beautifully and then when she hugged john foreman the whole flood of tears got worse! damn pms!
kate_turner2000

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:35 am

I was very upset when Bobby got voted out - I've been a fan of his ever since he sang "when the war is over". I will definitely buy an album if he releases one.

I know I'm biased but I'm pleased that Bobby got to stay and sing his stuff at last night's show. I personally think that whoever got voted out on Mon though would have got to sing their stuff because they've all been practising so hard for this night.

I actually missed last night's show though because our antennae in the building has died :cry: So luckily my sister taped it and I'll get to see it eventually.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:34 am

oh i so hope damien wins. i thought jessica did pretty well and i cracked up when kyle said she looked like an ironing board cover- wasnt expecting that !!!

i think it might be lisas turn to leave tonight.....
kate_turner2000

Postby Bel » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:59 am

NO NO NO NO.. I love lisa..... Australia has voted and SEEYA RICKY........
Expectations are only worth living up to if there your own!!!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Bel

Postby Hayley » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:34 am

I think that Lisa or Chris will go tonight.

An ironingboard cover - that made me laugh too. You know the thing that sh*#% me is the differing comments they get about their clothing! they gave Chris a hard time because he didn't waer a suit, yet Dean was wearing jeans and a shirt (which he always wears too), and they said nothing about his clothing. Poor Jess got a hard time about her dress but they said nothing about Lisa's clothing (and personally I thought she looked terrible). I can't keep up with the judges on Idol...I think they just make it up as they go along. It must be so hard for the contestants! .....and don't they have stylists?!? If the stylist is the one who tells them to wear something, then they should not be given a hard time about their dress up on stage. Oh it irritates me! Now I'm rambling, I'll stop now! Sorry :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:49 am

NOOOOOOOOO they have to keep chris in lol . Looking back on all the idol winners they are all r n b singers or what i call chick singers . They kinda sing girly songs . I think they need to have someone win with a rock edge (ala shannon noll) . Just my two cents worth Oh and Yeah i think that Bobby got voted out cuase he is to left of the middle and two songs he sang were old classics ie Cold chisel the other week and Fleetwood Mack mmmmm me thinks i liked them the way they were
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:29 pm

its funny because i quite liked the songs bobby sang, i just didnt like the way he sings them and the arrangements lol. i agree i didnt like what lisa wore, and the judges are inconsistant with their comments. it sways the voting i think. they get paid a hell of a lot of money though! i love marcia, i have been a fan of her for years. ever since i seen her on this is your life.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:19 pm

:cry: I missed Idol last night, was too busy. Will have to watch tonight to see who goes!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:04 am

Well I am sorry to all you Lisa Mitchell fans out there, but I think Australia made a good choice last night. I missed the show on Sunday, but after hearing her sing that song I am glad she went. I just don't like the style of her singing and her voice irritates and grates on me.

Jessica is the only girl left now, go Jess!! I think she has a great voice, but I don't think she will win though :(

I think Ricky is hanging on by the skin of his teeth and I was surprised to see that Dean was in the bottom two!! Those of you who saw the show on Sunday, what did he sing and was it up to his usual standard? I am glad that Damien is still there though, I love his voice!!! I think Mark Holden is right when he called him the 'dark horse'. I think he may surprise us all!!

What is everyone's predictions on who will win this year??
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:18 am

dean sang mustang sally. i didnt like it.

yeah lisa looked the happiest she has all competition when they announced she was going. maybe if they had given her a year or two and told her to come back. she was just not ready for it i dont think.

im thinking it might be down to jessica mauboy and dean geyer but having said that i would be so happy if damien won!!! i just dont knwo whether her has fans covering all ages groups or not....
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:04 am

Ok thanks for that Kate, I am glad I missed it then!! LOL.

I don't know about Damien, he has not been in the bottom three that often....I wouldn't discount him just yet!! I think he may be in with a chance.

I agree Kate and said as much in an earlier post that I think Lisa may have been better to wait a year or so. Just more so for her frame of mind than anything else. It is a lot of pressure for the young ones and I know that Jess is around the same age, but she seems to handle it better.
[/url]
Ally

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting