It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Wedding + fat = help!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Wedding + fat = help!

Postby Owlie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:22 pm

No, not my wedding. One of my oldest friends. She is getting married on Saturday and I am carrying about 15kg+ too much weight at the moment.

I was horrified at the hens night when I met all of her friends. Every single one of them is super slim. I am also horrified at the prospect of seeing all the old family friends who will be there, when I am not comfortable with myself at all.

How would you guys handle this? I've bought the ridiculously expensive dress but that - OF COURSE - hasn't given me any further courage. I'm so embarrassed and nervous about the whole thing. Skinny people + photos + making old acquaintenaces whilst looking like a fatty boomb = hell. Agree?

How do I get my head around this? Any tips? Thoughts?

xOwlie
Start: 77kg
Current: 75.9kg
Goal: 59kg
Owlie

Re: Wedding + fat = help!

Postby court » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:50 pm

go with confidence woman!!! and remember that everyone is more concerned with how they look in their outfits! You cant change your weight in two days (well you can but nothing drastic!!) so how about you change your mindset! Be thankful for your good points - and i know we all know we have them! and go out and flaunt them :)
court

Re: Wedding + fat = help!

Postby Owlie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Thanks, Court :) I know that's how I should be, but it's so damn hard. You're absolutely right, people will be thinking about themselves, but when you haven't seen people in a while its always so disheartening to feel like you're not putting your best foot forward. I also feel embarrassed for my partner. I don't want to disappoint him :(

Thanks for your thoughts, though :) I really appreciate it.

xOwlie
Start: 77kg
Current: 75.9kg
Goal: 59kg
Owlie

Return to Just Chatting