It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:19 pm

Free Newsletter

deep pot hole..$1,200 tyre and alloy rim

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

deep pot hole..$1,200 tyre and alloy rim

Postby lindtcrazy » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:59 am

I need to type a letter to the city council regarding my having to replace tyre and rim on my ford fiesta because of a deep and small pot hole. cost me 1200 dollars. insurance only paid all but 500. I want the council to reimburse me the damage of a pot hole they refused to fill for months

I know who to attention this to. but does this mean I address with Dear sir/madam and then the attention ms council person. sorry for the obvious. and thanks
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: deep pot hole..$1,200 tyre and alloy rim

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:29 pm

If you know the person who you need to write to, use their name. 'Dear Sir or Madam' is only used when you're not sure who will end up receiving the letter. Look up their preferred title on the web or phone and ask the council reception. Using a person's preferred title (Councillor, Mayor, Dr, Mr, Ms, Miss or Mrs) puts them in a more receptive mood. If you want the letter to appear formal, use their title and surname "Dear Mr Jones,". If you want to approach them in a more equal manner, or if you know them personally, use their first name "Dear Henry,".

I hope you get reimbursed for your tyre and alloy rim! Good luck.
User avatar
Posts: 4516
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:40 am
Location: Melbourne

Return to Just Chatting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests