It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Free Newsletter

wholemeal or wholegrain?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

wholemeal or wholegrain?

Postby lindtcrazy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:09 am

I dont know where my query goes, but its part general part diet.

So, do you know which is more beneficial wholegrain breads or wholemeal. I am not concerned in the carb sense, a little bit I guess, but I want to lower estrogen levels and increase progesterone.

menstruation is every 20 days and is giving me anaemia and I am going to have endometrial ablation where they burn the uterine lining, sounds scary. I hope they dont burn too much off.

This thickening of the uterus is because of low progesterone which is implied high estrogen and I realise whole grain or whole meal may benefit.

thanks for any advice
lindtcrazy

Re: wholemeal or wholegrain?

Postby saharalily » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Hey :)

I don't know too much about the grains and their benefits, but I do know all too well about the thickening of the lining :(
From my own personal experience, my doc advised me it was due to being on the estrogen based contraceptive pill. So instead he started giving me Deprovera needles every 12 weeks. This helped immensely. Though I later found out I had other health issues which resulted in a full hysterectomy so I can't comment on how I am now unfortunately as there is nothing to report.
So I guess in the short I am saying, if ur on a contraceptive, have u looked into the ingredience?
"Women who seek to be equal with men, lack ambition" - Marilyn Monroe

saharalily

Postby lindtcrazy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:55 am

saharalily wrote:Hey :)

I don't know too much about the grains and their benefits, but I do know all too well about the thickening of the lining :(
From my own personal experience, my doc advised me it was due to being on the estrogen based contraceptive pill. So instead he started giving me Deprovera needles every 12 weeks. This helped immensely. Though I later found out I had other health issues which resulted in a full hysterectomy so I can't comment on how I am now unfortunately as there is nothing to report.
So I guess in the short I am saying, if ur on a contraceptive, have u looked into the ingredience?

Hi,

No, I'm not on the pill, though I can comment, hormones have given me hell since being off the pill. I only experienced mood swings, depression and temper after having my children, husband had a vastectomy, so I had no reason I thought to be on the pill. I've got predispostion to variscose veins and am worried about blood clotting and such.
Doctor gave me three options merina, burn the lining (ablation) or hysterectomy. She said only 40% like the merina, and 70% liked the ablation, which hopefully will give very light periods for 5 years, That I can handle. I couldnt considre a hysterectomy but if my health was in jeapardy I wouldnt think twice.
I hope you are doing ok and on the way to better health.
lindtcrazy

Postby saharalily » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Sorry to hear ur having a rough time with it all. It's definately not fun, sometimes makes u wish u were a man lol

I have had a friend recently present with both some of mine and some of your symptoms and she too is finding it difficult to be able to find a happy medium. She got the mirena put in last month after being given the 3 options that u have just said. She said 4 weeks later she was back at her doc to tell him it had gotten worse and needed something else to be done. He has advised of the mirena for anothe 5 months and if still no change she will be needing a hyster. The poor girl is at her wits end and I can fully sympathise with her.

Hopefully the option you have chosen works for u, the more people I know with the mirena, the more complaints I have heard.
Like yourself my friend doesn't want to have a hyster as she isn't finished having babies yet. Luckily, I had so I was open to the option (not that I really had a choice) I must say, it was one of the biggest decisions of my life and one I am so glad I did it. The only thing I have to worry about is taking a hormone tablet every morning.

Fingers crossed for u that u find a solution soon :)
"Women who seek to be equal with men, lack ambition" - Marilyn Monroe

saharalily

Return to Just Chatting