It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:14 am

Free Newsletter

These boards seem so quiet...

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

These boards seem so quiet...

Postby Tyger » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi guys 8)

I'm still relatively new here - but I've noticed these boards on the whole are very quiet.

Now this may be less due to the fact that there's not enough people on the boards, and more due to the fact that there's SO many different boards that people tend to stick to their own threads and not venture out much? I'm not sure...

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I love the idea of these boards and just wish they were a little more active. Perhaps if I'm looking in the wrong spots you guys can advise me where everyone hangs out :)

Tyger.
Tyger

Re: These boards seem so quiet...

Postby brendan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:40 pm

It was a bit busier about a month ago. I think people have a lot on their plates at the moment with study, christmas etc. I am on day one with my study so I won't be quite so active - much to the relief of some posters perhaps :lol:

When people ask about my weight loss I usually tell them about this site, the more the merrier, eh?

cheers
Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:31 pm

I wish they were more active too but I am one of the problems too LOL I will look at a thread but then I don't reply if I don't think I'll contribute too much. I must hit that reply button more often!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby miss_viva » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:39 pm

I've noticed that it's been a bit quiet lately too. I think Brendan is right - it's just a busy time of the year for a lot of people. Wait until you see how busy it gets in early January when all of those New Years resolutions are made :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:45 pm

miss_viva wrote: Wait until you see how busy it gets in early January when all of those New Years resolutions are made :lol:

ahh good point - that will be interesting to see how much bisier it does get!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby miss_viva » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:50 pm

Yeah, it does tend to drop off a little around this time, but it always picks back up again. I don't really worry about it too much - even if I just post to myself, at least I'm keeping myself accountable. I didn't come on here for a few months, and sure enough the weight started to creep back on. This forum gives me focus, regardless of whether anyone is reading/commenting etc.

It's always nice to have support, but it's not the end of the world if things are a little quiet at times :)

How's everything going for you guys? Where do you normally post? I'm over in Personal Progress.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Tyger » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:37 pm

miss_viva wrote:Wait until you see how busy it gets in early January when all of those New Years resolutions are made :lol:

Haha I love this. It's so true!

miss_viva wrote:Yeah, it does tend to drop off a little around this time, but it always picks back up again. I don't really worry about it too much - even if I just post to myself, at least I'm keeping myself accountable.

How's everything going for you guys? Where do you normally post? I'm over in Personal Progress.

Agree. I like posting even if just to myself lol... this thread is the one that's been most active, that's for sure! Well I like the idea of holding myself accountable and having a bit of a "log" so I can pick up on patterns and see where my downfalls vs. uplifts are. It's always nicer with company and an outside perspective though :wink:

I am in Daily Food Diary board and the Weekly Weigh-in Board. You know what, I think I'm going to start up in the Personal Progress board too and combine weigh-in's and daily intake there. I don't post every single day anyhow and I like the idea of consolidating into one thread. See you there!
Tyger

Postby dragonfly » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:10 pm

I do tend to update my own thread more than anythign else really.

but yeah all the new years resolutions people will be in soon LOL
we've got a head start on them!
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby ToGlow » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:33 pm

"snap" I've beat the rush of new years forum joiners :lol: .

I actually joined today, been lurking for a while (see my story in the intro section) but decided to join as I want to participate and have input.

I'm going to go to the personal threads section and have a look, but I for one fully intend to particpate in all forum sections :wink:
ToGlow

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:14 am

Im a yo-yo'er here on this forum ( just like my weight :lol: ). This forum has died down heaps over the last couple of years, not what it used to be :(

Nevertheless, we are here and we can rock it ! :mrgreen:
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby ganymede » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:56 am

I think as well at the moment most parts of Australia are going through one disaster or another with the cyclone up in Perth, flooding in QLD and NSW, I know it's been a hectic time here in Brissy. Parts of Melbourne are flooding too and now cyclone Yasi... Not to be a downer of course :P but some people are probably very busy at the moment and can't get on here as much as they would like.

I, however, have been on here almost everyday. Need my forum fix, it really helps keep me motivated! This place is great and I think we need all the help we can get! :mrgreen:

Shell
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Return to Just Chatting