It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:41 am

Free Newsletter

Don't you hate it when...

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Don't you hate it when...

Postby 67kilogoal » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:48 am

Don't you hate it when you are feeling you are on a roll and someone insists you try their cheesecake, and then the rest of the room decides you eat the cheesecake and then they tell you 'You only live once'. And if you don't try the cheesecake they feel insulted.

And don't you hate it when someone who you meet at the bus stop who is half the size of you, or a size 6 model-type says 'I'm fat'. You know they want you to say they are not fat and that their bones poking out of their cheeks are just gorgous. So you don't say anything and then they feel insulted. (Or they want you to say 'you are not fat, just look at how fat I am'. Then they feel so much better and you decide to go back to your friends with their cheesecake afterall.)

And don't you hate it when you are given hand-me-down clothes from relatives (yes I still receive them) and they are 5 sizes too big! (What are they thinking!)

Feel free to add some more of your own. :D
67kilogoal

Re: Don't you hate it when...

Postby dragonfly » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:57 pm

i gotta laugh at the hand me down clothes, I do that..... :oops: to other people lol. I just am too embaressed to take them to the op shop as my MIL works there LOL.

I hate it when people tell me I am fading away and slow down on the weightloss, when its obvious that I am still 60kilos overweight!!!
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby äirly » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:41 am

I agree about the cheesecake thing :( Soooo annoying when you dont even WANT any cake/biscuit/sweets but people DEMAND that you eat it :( I end up eating it usually just to avoid a confrontation about it, and I hate every mouthful! (And then it usually sets off a chain reaction that has me eating lollies the rest of the day for some reason).

As far as the clothes go, its a bit insulting that they give you such large clothes but I wouldn't read too much in to it! They can only give you clothes from themselves after all!
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby Metalcharm » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:23 pm

bugger them. If they feel insulted that's their problem. You should feel insulted that they aren't supporting you. :x
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Lilly88 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:28 pm

Totally agree about the cheesecake or any other sweet for that matter. It's always the skinny ones who say "Just have a taste."
"take some home" most of them know your on a diet. I think they want to hear that you failed. :(
I am always looking for ways to keep my weight down. check out my blog http://www.ideasforweightloss.blogspot.com & http://www.squidoo.com/tips-for-dieting-and-eating-out
Lilly88

Postby Carley » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:17 pm

I wouldn't eat the cheesecake (I wouldn't because I'm vegan so power to me LOL) If they are insulated over cheesecake, that is sad!
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby electrongirl » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:30 pm

My husbands grandmother is ALWAYS trying to feed me! I love her so much and it's just her way but sometimes I wish she would stop. She does take no for an answer, but I hate saying it to her.

Old people are my weakness... And I think they know it! :lol:
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby KittyMul » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:56 am

I hate it when people who have berated me about my weight/diet for years find out I'm trying to lose weight and instantly start telling me to "treat" myself, or that I'm not eating enough. Or even worse, start stocking the pantry with the most ridiculous foods that they haven't eaten in years (I currently have crisps, *two* packets of chocolates, biscuits and ice cream in the house). Still, life is full of temptation and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger... right?
SW: 121kg
CW: 96.4kg
GW: Less than I weigh now...
KittyMul

Postby Talien » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:34 am

I hate it when people assume your mother must be anorexic because you're fat and she's only 47kg.
I hate it when your size 8 older sister calls you a lard-arse or when everyone says 'you can do it, your little sister did' when the truth is your little sister actually had an eating disorder.
I hate it when your mum comes home with clothes that are too small for you.

I love it when your mum wants to gain weight, goes through menopause and is delighted because she has a muffintop.
I love it when your older sister has three children and has to learn to fight weight too.
I love it when your little sister realises that she looks stunning as a size 10-12 as compare with a size 6-8 (she really does).
I love it when your mum comes shopping with you and is almost in tears when she realises just how hard it is for you to find nice clothes. Extra bonus when she gets you clothes that fit... On Sale... :D
*~*~* BMR: 8,155 *~*~* 5,500kj Food Plan *~*~* Aim: 70kg *~*~*
MAY CHALLENGE:
Starting Weight: 117.6kg
Weekly Weigh-in: Monday 2/5: 117.6; Monday 9/5: 116.6
Talien

Postby KittyCat88 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:30 am

I can totally relate to the cheesecake situation. When ever my partner and I go to see his parents or they come to see us his mother always has cake, muffins, lollies, cookies or some other sweet that you absolutely HAVE to have because she couldnt possibly finish it on her own. And she just wont take NO for an answer. Even after explaining that I am watching my weight and trying to eat healthy i get the famous response of "oh, go on. one small piece wont hurt". Now my mother-in-laws version of a 'small piece' is about a sixth of a massive cake. Just looking at it makes me feel like I am gaining weight, and she wont leave us alone until we have finished it. And you know just by looking down at the plate that its going to be at least half of your daily calorie in take.

Wouldn't it be nice if when your visiting someone and they offer you something on the naughty side that when you explain that your on a diet and trying to lose weight they just accept it and not give you a guilt trip for not wanting their naughty food.
KittyCat88

Postby RunningDuck » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:00 pm

I'd so wear the clothes, but only when visiting whoever it was that gave them to you! Once they say 'Wow that shirt is getting too baggy on you', you can then remind them that they gave it to you :lol:
RunningDuck

Postby Gordz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:48 am

Don't you hate it when people can't be strong and say no, then complain about the other party online?
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Mayden » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Gordz wrote:Don't you hate it when people can't be strong and say no, then complain about the other party online?

Hmm maybe not all situations are the same, some people actually do like to please other folks and it is hard to say no, that goes for anything not just food.
Goals
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby äirly » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Gordz wrote:Don't you hate it when people can't be strong and say no, then complain about the other party online?

Its because its considered manners, at least among certain people, to always accept such things when they're offered - to say no can be construed as very rude. No offence to you but its just not a 'man' thing - i know my boyfriend wouldnt hesitate to say no if he meant it and wouldnt even consider it a discourtesy (not that he'd EVER say no to cheesecake!! :P).

I have good friends who I wouldn't hesitate to say no to either, and they are/would be totally supportive too. But among people who I dont have that closeness or I suppose honesty/transparency in the relationship - work friends, distant family, in laws and so on - there is a pressure to say 'yes' because of the manners.

I'm not sure if what I've said made sense to you, as its hard to explain the pressure to be polite. Its like, everyone farts - but would you fart in front of your boss/ in laws / casual aquantances? Not a great metaphor but the only 'man' one I could think of!
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby Uglysos » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:52 pm

hate , hate ,hate

the answers all are "hate " but the most borning thing come from ourselves , because can't refuse , can't insist , that leads to the weight loss failure .
Uglysos

Next

Return to Just Chatting