It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:51 pm

Free Newsletter

What Cravings Do You Get?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

What Cravings Do You Get?

Postby Lilly88 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Mine usually are for chocolate and potato chips. I can go all week and then once I get it in my head that I need it and want it, it stays there until I finally get it. Sometimes I will really pig out and eat a whole packet of red rock chips (my Fav). :|
I am always looking for ways to keep my weight down. check out my blog http://www.ideasforweightloss.blogspot.com & http://www.squidoo.com/tips-for-dieting-and-eating-out
Lilly88

Re: What Cravings Do You Get?

Postby mum2james » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:13 am

I get really big cravings for Grain Waves chips. I think the craving is more for the "crunch" of the chips then the flavour. I also crave Baklava. The way the honey and pastry melts in my mouth. Occasionally I will buy a piece and halve it with my sister.
Stacey - 25 and mum to a beautiful 5 year old boy. :-)

Current weight: 76kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
mum2james

Postby newyork » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:05 pm

I have to agree- Chocolate and Potato Chips!!!! But it has to be plain, thin potato chips- love that salt! Then wash then down with a king size snickers mmm. But my all time fav is hot chips with plain salt and tomato sauce!!!!!! Fries are the best, it's lucky I moved to Melbourne away from the best chips ever from Randwick Chicken Spot. Some weeks, I would get them for dinner EVERY NIGHT!!!
newyork

Postby Gutsy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:50 am

I like the sweet stuff, especially chocolate. Current cravins are for Easter eggs, nutella and a piece of moist rich chocalate cake. Yum yum!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcWjzFc/]
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:27 am

I surprised myself by not missing chocolate at all. Thought that was going to be a problem but it just wasn't.
The thing I do crave most is ice-cream. :roll:
So I still do have it but instead of the four big spoonfuls every night I'll cut up an apple, throw in some frozen berries and have just one scoop on top and I find it just as good a couple times a week. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby electrongirl » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:26 pm

I allow myself treat occasionally. That way I don't binge. I just buy healthier versions of things. Like popped chips instead of normal fried chips. Small single chocolate bars etc. What I love about Weight Watchers is that nothing is taboo. They don't tell you not to eat any certain foods. And it's working great for me!

I was craving lemon meringue pie recently and made a really yummy alternative. I put it up on my blog.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby aena » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:19 pm

Donuts, muffins, cakes, pies..geeezzzz!!!!!! :oops:
aena

Postby Talien » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:22 am

Chromium Picolinate can help curb cravings for sweets like chocolate. It can be found in some multivitamins, so check your bottle if you take them to see if it's included :)
As for salt, *drool*. I rarely get sugar cravings persay, but salty dinner foods for sure. Not chips though, if I have a craving for chips its usually for 'Original' flavoured (aka 'we've salted it but only a little'). Haha
*~*~* BMR: 8,155 *~*~* 5,500kj Food Plan *~*~* Aim: 70kg *~*~*
MAY CHALLENGE:
Starting Weight: 117.6kg
Weekly Weigh-in: Monday 2/5: 117.6; Monday 9/5: 116.6
Talien

Postby Amandy » Sat May 07, 2011 10:11 am

mine is brownies and those gooey cookies from subway i love gooeness :roll:
Amandy

Postby BeeXo » Sun May 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Right at this minute, Chocolate.. or Sour Coke Bottles...

Macca's chips too...Oh and a Cheese burger...

Damn why did I reply to this post?? LOL
BeeXo

Postby CronicBadger » Mon May 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Just a moment ago I sliced a bit from a dark fruitcake sitting in the cupboard to feed a sugar craving. I ate it! Immediately after which I then weighed a similar piece - it was 50 grammes - then put it back in the packet. The nutritional information (ha!) panel on the back of the packet read 705Kj per 50g serving.

700 kilojoules for one measly mouthful! Eek! In my pre-weightloss days I'd eat eight times that much fruitcake in a bowl with custard and fruit pieces, which would be perhaps 5000kj. Still, it just doesn't seem worth it now.

Does anyone know if there is a (very) low kilojoule alternative to fruitcake? *sigh*
CronicBadger

Postby äirly » Fri May 13, 2011 1:09 am

I adore fruitcake, and I also have a tin of it in the cupboard which i very occasionally partake of. Unfortunately, in my opinion, nothing can replace it exactly :( Its one of those things that we just have to limit.

One thing I havent baked once since last Nov (when i started losing weight) is a pound cake - i use a receipe that includes rum, lemon and dried fruit and its so heavy and moist its just to die for. I'd like to make one when I hit 68kgs, but i probably shouldn't ~ I'd be back in to the 70s in no time!!! :lol:

Mostly I try to overall eat better and less, rather then cutting stuff out. I find if i forbid something, I argue with myself until I give in. Its bizarre :roll:
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby ganymede » Sun May 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Oh my, I absolutely love love love fruit cake!!! I can't stand cake and muffins but fruit cake, well, it's in a league of its own :P I think I might make one for Xmas if I get to goal weight by then :wink:

I usually crave chocolate, ice cream and ice vovos/tim tam's or Red Rooster. I do war with myself in the car and trying not to turn into the servo or woolies on the way home but sometimes it is SO hard! Especially since discovering Rocky Road ice cream, oh my. I have to say, I am lucky that I only have a thing for sweet things and not so much savoury things. I'll eat them but I certainly never crave a bag of chips or some greasy chicken wings. I can't really stand super greasy foods but by gosh, I could eat a pack of tim tam's, a block of choccy and ice cream in the same day and cope with it just fine.

Although now that I haven't been having these things, I'm starting not to miss them either :mrgreen: Plus the Biggest Loser's meal replacement bars come in choc hazelnut so that gets rid of my cravings without too many calories :D
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby electrongirl » Mon May 16, 2011 8:28 am

Oh man how I miss Red Rooster! They have nothing like it here! I would kill for a Strip Sub!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Lilly88 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:19 pm

CronicBadger wrote:Just a moment ago I sliced a bit from a dark fruitcake sitting in the cupboard to feed a sugar craving. I ate it! Immediately after which I then weighed a similar piece - it was 50 grammes - then put it back in the packet. The nutritional information (ha!) panel on the back of the packet read 705Kj per 50g serving.

700 kilojoules for one measly mouthful! Eek! In my pre-weightloss days I'd eat eight times that much fruitcake in a bowl with custard and fruit pieces, which would be perhaps 5000kj. Still, it just doesn't seem worth it now.

Does anyone know if there is a (very) low kilojoule alternative to fruitcake? *sigh*

Sorry can't help you there, but I to adore fruit cake, especially xmas time. When I choose to have some now, I try and cut the skinniest slice just so I get a taste. (stop talking about it, getting a craving)
I am always looking for ways to keep my weight down. check out my blog http://www.ideasforweightloss.blogspot.com & http://www.squidoo.com/tips-for-dieting-and-eating-out
Lilly88

Next

Return to Just Chatting