It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Support and making a difference

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Support and making a difference

Postby aena » Sun May 01, 2011 11:22 am

I read one of the post online where someone was sharing his experience of how he reached his goal weight with the support of online friends. For me, I never ever, in this whole journey, felt the need of having someone, someone who's in the same situation as I am in.

Nobody motivated me to lose weight.I grew up as a chubby-introvert kid who missed out on a lot of things in high school life. I have to thank my genes for my weight and may be part of the reason why I never cared (till few years back) about losing weight is because I thought if your genes determine your weight you have to accept it. Regardless of how clean I ate, how hard I exercised I would struggle with losing weight.It was always hard. I lost most of my weight through stress and some life changing issues though. I didn't go on something called dieting or this and that. After years of living like nothing but someone who's living only for the sake of living for someone else, I decided to take control of my health. This is difficult journey to take on. Even more difficult when your loved ones or people around you has no idea that you've embarked on it. Nobody knows what I felt over all those difficult years. May be they felt I love the way I am. It was just the opposite though. Deep down inside, only I knew how the whole weight held me back from living life to the fullest. I may not be able to bring back all those years, all those time but I surely can create a good life ahead and thats what I am doing.

What I am trying to put across is, it does make a whole lot of difference when you know you have someone to talk to, share your thoughts-ups and down-highs and lows regarding your whole weight loss journey with. I may not know all the person who I talk to on this forum or anywhere else online. What I know for sure is, am not alone. There are hundreds and thousands of people who are there , struggling , trying, giving in all they have to lose-maintain-live a healthy life style and that is what has motivated me to take control of my health.

Motivation can come in any form and I have found

Return to Just Chatting