It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:56 am

Free Newsletter

A Program On TV

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

A Program On TV

Postby Tas » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:57 am

I rarely watch TV during the day but last week I was waiting for a call to do with work and put the TV on. There was a Law Firm (fictional) program on and I was thrilled to see that aside from the normal skinny-lizzies that they have on these programs there was a larger lady as a Lawyer - it was SO refreshing to see it!
It seems that the stereo-types of skinny- well let's say it as it is, BONY females on these programs can cause youngters such issues with their weight, I am not suprised that there are so many young people that are anorexic - as these bony TV Stars portray their bony bodies as something special!
Anyway I am so pleased to see a normal sized person on this show - there was some reference about her weight by a colleague and she cut him down in flames and embarassed him - that was good to see. Oh I thnk the name of the program was The Practice or something like that.

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Ally » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:01 am

Ah yes the Practice, love that show and you are right Tas it is great to see someone that is not a size 2 on the shows!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:17 am

yeah it has camryn manheim in it from romy and michele :) its nice to see huh.
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:36 am

yep, gotta love her.

She won an Emmy a few years ago, and held it up and said "This is for all the fat girls!"

So cool!
Mandie

Return to Just Chatting