It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:03 pm

Free Newsletter

Losing Motivation...please help!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Losing Motivation...please help!

Postby mums4cuties » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:52 pm

Hi all, well I have lost about 15kgs since the begining of this year, but now I am finding it soooo hard to keep on losing weight and staying motivated. I have about 8-10kgs to go, anyone have any ideas to give me a push along? feeling down and like I wont be able to go the extra mile :(
mums4cuties

Re: Losing Motivation...please help!

Postby CronicBadger » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:06 pm

It's the same here - I have just under 10 Kg to go but have been struggling to drop it the past 3 months for what appear to be mostly psychological reasons.

Here's a few things that may help:
* Keep reminding yourself that shifting that final bit of weight IS crucial and needs perhaps even MORE effort than the weight you've lost so far.
* Maintain a food diary to ensure you don't start getting complacent and gradually increase your food intake.
* Never think - well, that's "good enough" when you really know that it is NOT "good enough".
* Visit and read the posts in the "Almost There" section of the forum for ideas and inspiration.
CronicBadger

Postby mums4cuties » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:50 am

Congratulations on your weight loss and thanks so much for your advice.
You got it so right when you said dont talk yourself into thinking that near enough is good enough! I have been known to tell myself that on many occassions.
I count points as I have previously done weight watchers so I know all of the food values. I keep track everyday of my food and I actually like excercising now. I think becase I feel so much better I think I may have slacked off on the effort I put it to my excercise and way of thinking.
It will definately stick in my mind what you said! Thanks so much and all the best for the rest of your journey! Nadia.
mums4cuties

Postby patrickkallie » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:39 am

One thing that you can do to keep your motivation high is to challenge yourself by changing your workouts. Keep in mind that if you are doing the same workouts over time - your motivation will eventually fade or even worse...just giving up.

By doing different workouts your body will not have time to get adjusted and you will be able to reach your target goal weight much quicker this way. Just think about all of the hard work that you have put in up till this day. Are you willing to give all of that up?
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It is against forum rules to use your signature to post promotional links.
patrickkallie

Postby Shanirl » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:38 am

Hi I just joined the forum and saw your thread and thought I would give you some encouragement. Way to go on having your goals set and digging for information to help you lose the weight. My name is Shannon and I just dropped 30 pounds which was 1/6th of my body weight so I can give you some real advice that helped me. For me at 59 years young it was the pants that were getting so tight they were about to cut my belly. So instead of going to a bigger pant size I started to keep myself real hungry. There are a few secrets out there that can definately crank up the way your system burns fat. I will be posting on your thread some of the things that will burn fat---one that has helped me is CLA. I will be back with more fat burners a little later.
Shanirl

Return to Just Chatting