It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:12 pm

Free Newsletter

Exams suck!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:48 pm

Well done, good for you!!

Stress (and exams really are a killer) has certain effects on the body. The body is relatively primitive stress wise - it figures whatever is upsetting you, the response is to either beat it up or run away from it so it sends out all kinds of physiological messages preparing you to do either "fight or flight".

Problem is, stress these days stressors aren't usually a big scary predatory animal, it's an exam or board meeting with the boss. No running or beating things up options.

one of the best ways to beat stress is to do something that uses up those physiological responses (research has shown that excess levels of certain chemicals released can lead to poor health so it's a good idea to limit how much you sit around feeling stressed!). Try going for a run, a boxing session, anything that will help rid you of the pent up energy. it will 1) help the body expend the chemicals it is pumping your body full of to aid fight or flight 2) exhaust you so you can sleep.

If you are still feeling stressed, try some relaxation exercises - try lying down in a darkened room and focussing on each individual muscle, tighten one musle then completely relax it and go through your body this way focussing only on what you are doing.

And look on the bright side!!! in just a few days/weeks, you will have proven how fantastically intelligent you are!!! How great for you!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Mandie » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:29 pm

Hehe thanks Tegan!

I had the best of intentions to exercise my way through these exams, but with the sleep deprivation and nerves all I have been doing is sleeping and studying!

Will try to get back on track soon though...

When I can't even keep my eyes open I don't want to go to the gym though, I'll fall off the cross trainer!

ONE MORE TO GO !!! (tomorrow)
Mandie

Postby Jisgone » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:52 am

Good luck with your exam today mandie! and party hard tonight :)
Jisgone

Previous

Return to Just Chatting