It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:44 pm

Free Newsletter

Daily deal sites....does anyone use them?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Daily deal sites....does anyone use them?

Postby BellaBear » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:14 am

Just wondering what kinds of stories people have about these sites...I swear a new one pops up every day!
BellaBear

Re: Daily deal sites....does anyone use them?

Postby RockStar96 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:03 am

I've had good luck with [Link deleted] and I find their customer service to be really good (I've only had a problem once but they were fast in helping me get a refund!). I've also used [Competitor name deleted] and it was ok but not great. I've not used [Competitor name deleted] but I haven't heard good things. [Competitor name deleted] is FULL of complaints.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Praising Groupon while slamming the company's competitors in a message posted from a Groupon-owned server?!? Hmmm.
RockStar96

Postby 3ss3nc3 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:51 pm

i use them, and this site http://www.allthedeals.com.au/ is handy to check out a bunch at once :D
3ss3nc3

Postby journeyman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:00 am

I think they are pretty good. I've joined a few and have purchased off 3 of them. The main things you have to be wary of is knowing the value of the thing being sold, and buying stuff just cause it is a good deal. You can end up dropping a lot of cash, because you feel the deal is too good. Buy things that you were going to buy or do buy regularly.

As for the value, the sites sometimes make it sound like you are making a killing, when you actually aren't. Helps to do some research if you are unsure.

I've gotten some great deals though. Took my family to Luna Park very cheap, had some great meals, bought perfume (gifts!). Stuff like that
journeyman

Postby weightconscious » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:00 pm

I use [Link Deleted] to see all of those daily deals on one site…I've just signed up to get their email. Pretty good how they send you all deals you like too. Hope you might find it helpful too.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Ya gotta earn some WLF street cred before you start posting commercial links!
weightconscious

Postby Prinella » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:21 pm

I use scoopon a lot great customer service. Just have to remember to use the deals!!
Prinella

Return to Just Chatting