It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:10 pm

Free Newsletter

A Waste Of Tax Payers Money

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

A Waste Of Tax Payers Money

Postby Groovychic » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:39 am

Ok I just wanted to submit this. Yesterday I was told about this huge waste of money by one of WA's government departments. It is the Dept of Environment and Conservation and one bloke(worker) had to go with this Officer(higher worker and supposedly knows all!!!) and drive around the National Park looking for cars with magazines on the dash that were driving around. I didn't understand this until it was fully explained to me. They were looking for people who were out in the National Park looking at raunchy magazines and having a pull. Excuse my crude explaination but hey that was what they were doing. I couldn't believe it! I doubt that that would even go on and if it did well were they likely to even find anyone??? They spent the entire day doing this. Just driving around looking. And I am sure it wasn't the first time this Officer had done this as he knew what he was doing. And they didn't find any cars with a magazine on the dash!!! What a waste of money. And it is us paying for that! I'm sure that something more constructive could have been done with 8 hours of wages for these 2 blokes.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:19 am

OMG they would have a feild day here in tassie im sure there are heaps of spots like that for the errrr male thingy lol
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:41 am

what is wrong with these people?! ever heard of the comfort of your own home?
kate_turner2000

Postby Puffer » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:00 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:what is wrong with these people?! ever heard of the comfort of your own home?

They must not have locks on their bedroom doors and they are worried mum will walk in :lol:
Puffer

Postby Ally » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:44 am

Sorry ladies, but I am having a bit of a giggle at your responses here....getting back to nature takes on a whole new meaning!! LOL

I agree though Rochelle about it being a waste of tax payers money!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:12 am

I agree total waste of tax payers money.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:21 am

I'm trying to figure out exactly why they would need to do this. Far as I can see, if someone feels that way inclined, if they have picked somewhere secluded where they are not going to be offending anyone, what is the problem?
If they're doing it in a busy public carpark and flashing people with it, well yeah, obviously, but I'm pretty sure they would know where he was and just send the coppers out to get him.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby SarahC » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:39 am

After spending time in the Navy and being privvy to secret male's conversations (my god I heard it all :shock: ) I can fully believe that this could happen. In fact, I would be surprised if it didn't!

As for spending a whole day searching for people... I guess that's what being in the public service is all about :roll:

Myself, being a local government worker, I simply throw ratepayers money out the window by sitting here staring out the window or mucking around on the internet all day :oops:

Oh dear.. talking of that.. better find some work to do :oops: :oops:
SarahC

Postby Groovychic » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:44 am

I agree with you Tegan. If nobody is likely to see them then hey go for it. To me that is no different to a couple going for it in the forest in a car....yeah gross but hey if that is what they want to do then fine. But if it is just a show because they like the whole exposure bit then something needs to be done. But in a national park are they likely to actually find someone doing this. I don't damn well think so. It's just the department wanting to play the police man. There are a few of them in that department that thing they are Federal Police or something!!! :? I mean if they are going about their daily work and they come across someone, yep sure do something about it but don't make a special trip for it. This department just had a name change too and it will cost millions of $$$ to change all the paperwork etc. It's so stupid. Yet they wouldnt want to give that money to the nurses or police in the form of an extra 50c an hour pay rise! Both those services under pay their workers. It's disgusting. My sister was saying that after attending uni her base pay is the same as a teacher just starting out! And she has people's lives in her hands. And I think teachers get long service leave quicker than nurses as well. Plus they get about 3 and a half months off a year!!!! My sister gets 5 or 6 weeks holidays. I think it is 6 but not entirely sure.
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Jisgone » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:36 pm

I dont want to be rude but as someone studying teaching at uni i think people have such the wrong idea about what we do. We are at school from nornally 8 till 5, then go home and spend atleast another 2 hours planning for the next days lessons, we dont just rock up do whatever we feel like and leave at 3. The weekends are spent marking the work, and doing more planning and writing it all up according to the stupid new OBE, as well as professional development becaue obviously we need to know what were teaching. We get 12 weeks holidays a year, half of which are spent doing more marking, planning and catching up on all the other work, as well as doing special programs for the students with special needs. I get home from prac completely exhausted after trying to control 30ish kids all day long, on some days without a lunch break as there is always oval duty. With year 1-3 we never spend more than 30 minutes doing the same activity so it is just constant work all year long, if it werent for the christmas holidays there would be no teachers left we would have all had breakdowns! All of this after studying 4 years at uni, so i dont think its entirely fair comparing us to nurses, without teachers there would be no nurses and atleast work finishes for the nurses once they leave the hospital.
Jisgone

Postby Ally » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:54 am

Jewels hon I don't think Rochelle is having a go at the teaching profession, her comparison is the pays that nurses get compared to teachers, which I completely understand. Teachers pays go up for how ever long they are teachers ( I have several teacher-friends who varify this), but nurses don't hardly ever see a pay rise. I think the role of both teachers and nurses are important in society, but overall I think nurses get a bum deal in there pay packet.

Mum was in hospital for 7 weeks and in that time I watched the same nurses over and over get completely run off their feet as there were only 4 in the whole of surgical ward to a 44 patient ward. I don't know about anywhere else in Australia, but the Queensland Government prefers to spend money on football fields than giving us a) more nurses and b) giving them better pay!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:05 am

i think i should say that both those professions work damn bloody hard! lol.

when i was in year 12 a friend of mine was told to choose subjects for her HSC that will help her get into uni to do nursing. she did maths, science, biology, p.e. and so on. she did really well and had high marks. but apparently because 6000 year 12 people that year wanted to go to uni to do nursing they could only accept 4000. so 2000 (including my mate) missed out even though they had the marks. but i bet there were a few of those 4000 that deferred uni for a year or two whilst they worked or travelled etc etc. theres such a high demand for nurses but theyre not getting them trained!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:11 am

That sucks Kate!!! I can't believe they would turn people away like that, particularly when there is such a demand on nursing!! I realise that there has to be a limit, but it just doesn't make sense, well not to me anyway!!!

I agree about both professions working really hard!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Groovychic » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:32 pm

Yes Ally that was exactly what I meant. I have teacher friends also and I know handling a mob of grade 3 or 4's must drive them all batty!!! But it was the rate rise was what I was talking about. Police and nurses don't tend to get much of a pay rise whereas teachers, seem to get more each year of service. They are deserving of this, don't get me wrong, but I believe that these other services are also very deserving. I was talking to my sister yesterday and yet again she didn't get a break all day. She had time for a few sips of a cup of tea at lunch time and that was it. She ate breakfast at 5am, left for work at 5.50am, arrived at work at 6.50am(yes a 1 hour drive) started at 7am and left at 3.50pm. She is meant to finish at 3.30pm but was in the middle of doing things of course so she couldn't just walk out. Then she had the hour drive home as well. That is a typical day for her. She is on the surgical ward and no they do not have enough staff. My point from the beginning of this topic was that the government waste money on things that are not all that important and let essential services scramble all over each other to get their measly budgets.
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Jisgone » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:41 pm

I think, we should half the salary and benefits of all the overpaid suits who work high up for the governmenmt, and double the wages of us suckers who do the hard work for them :P
Jisgone

Next

Return to Just Chatting