It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:14 pm

Free Newsletter

A Waste Of Tax Payers Money

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:59 pm

i agree, theyre equally important professions so they should have equal entitlements.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:22 pm

Good one Jewels!!! I agree!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Groovychic » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:20 am

Yes it is very interesting how the politicians seem to get a pay rise each year, like 10% or so, whereas essential services still remain the same and when they dare ask for a pay rise, omg doesn't the sh*@ hit the fan!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:21 pm

In Tassie, our Child protection system is failing. There's a waiting list of near 1600 ish children who have been identified as at risk of abuse that are waiting for an assessment. Workers are having to spend hundreds on taxi fares due to too few cars, there are not enough foster carers so those that exist are overworked and children are being cared for by rostered carers. There aren't enough resources like say computers and record keeping systems. A recent review by the Children's Commissioner reccommended sweeping changes.

The government is being criticised for sponsoring a multilmillion dollar Hawthorn Football link, V8 Supercars and race-courses. There is 'not enough money' to put any into Child protectionm so all the recommended changes will happen via 'resource reallocation'. They have said that they have massively increased funding for child and family services over the years and the 'answer is not in more money' and that critics are being social snobs by saying the money should not have been spent on football.

That's the current state of politics in Tas. I present only the debate going in the media. No-body sue me.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Ally » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:19 pm

Nobody will sue you mate!! What can they sue you for...telling the truth??? It is a sad state of affairs when sport is put over the welfare of children!!! We have a similar situation in queensland but with health...there is no money to improve health services and yet the Qld Govt can afford 1 million dollars 3 times a year to resurface a bloody football stadium that went 100 million dollars over budget in the first place!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Groovychic » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:51 am

Its the same everywhere and it is an age old arguement unfortunately. The basics seem to come last. Its all about impressing the rest of the world. The rest of the world won't see the kids that need help or the thousands waiting years for surgery. But they do see that football stadium!!! Or that cricket pitch or that entertainment centre.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:31 pm

we have just as much problem with health and dental as we do with child protection. Unfortunately. Apparently the longest waiting lists in the country was the ststistic I seem to remember hearing.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Lolly » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:37 am

Groovychic wrote:Its the same everywhere and it is an age old arguement unfortunately. The basics seem to come last. Its all about impressing the rest of the world. The rest of the world won't see the kids that need help or the thousands waiting years for surgery. But they do see that football stadium!!! Or that cricket pitch or that entertainment centre.

So true, and the world is probably laughing at our waste of money on these frivilous items too.

My Mum was a teacher for many years (almost 40) and the amount of work she put into her class was amazing - she deserved to have 12 weeks holiday - so we could be a family and she could "refresh" and start again - afterall, a crabby teacher is not going to get across any info to their students or inspire them.

As for looking for "[email protected]" in the national park, the person who thought of the idea should be held accountable for the cost!!
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Previous

Return to Just Chatting