It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:33 am

Free Newsletter

Rapid Loss Shakes, What are your thoughts/ experience?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Rapid Loss Shakes, What are your thoughts/ experience?

Postby dAnIeLLe » Sat May 05, 2012 10:34 am

I was just wondering what your thought are on the shake? If you know anyone or yourself have tried this shake or had success on it? Or Think its crap?

Last Year a guy i know was killed, before he died he ordered Rapid loss shakes and his wife just had them sitting at home. She gave them to me about a month ago to help with my weight loss. I just tried my first shake, i must admit it was hard to swallow as it is pretty 'thick'.

So if you have any input that would be great.
SW: 132.5kgs :(
CW: 117.2kgs

First 12 weeks lost : 14.3kgs
TOTAL LOST: 14.7kgs
Long term Goal: -50kg
#1 mini goal: -10kgs(122.5kgs)
DONE 18/5/12
#2 mini goal: -10kgs by 31/7/12 (112.5)
#3 mini goal: under 100kgs! by 17/9/12 my bday!..
dAnIeLLe

Re: Rapid Loss Shakes, What are your thoughts/ experience?

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Sat May 05, 2012 12:00 pm

I used Optifast to lose 15 k's a few years ago. Pretty boring and you have to eat your veggies and bulk!

It does help drop the initial weight pretty quickly and I'm still using it off and on throughout my final weight loss

I use the bars for lunch as I'm often out on the road and dont have time to stop and the shakes for dinner. I already have some dinners cooked and frozen ready for hubby's dinners when I'm having the shakes so that's handy :)

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 93.9K
Start of challenge: 98.6
①97K: ②96.6K: ③96.3: ④95.6:⑤96.1:
⑥94.5: ⑦94.3: ⑧ 93.9: ⑨: ⑩:⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 10: NO excuses!
Retire_The_Fat

Postby sunshine88 » Sat May 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi! I had the chance to try H___ shakes (don't know if i'm allowed to mention them here).
i did loss 10lbs. But it took a while.
It was made to replace 1 meal a day.
The shakes I took were kinda yummy too. it was fruit based.
So you might be asking me why I am here, well i stopped taking the shakes 2 years ago.
they were so expensive, i just don't have the budget for them.
sunshine88

Postby dAnIeLLe » Sat May 05, 2012 11:49 pm

weight loss shakes are expensive.. i guess i was lucky to be given them (tho i wish it wasnt because a friend died) These rapid loss shakes are kinda hard to swollow.. very thick. I dont think it will be part of my daily diet but will have them if i dont have time to sit and have brekky or lunch.
SW: 132.5kgs :(
CW: 117.2kgs

First 12 weeks lost : 14.3kgs
TOTAL LOST: 14.7kgs
Long term Goal: -50kg
#1 mini goal: -10kgs(122.5kgs)
DONE 18/5/12
#2 mini goal: -10kgs by 31/7/12 (112.5)
#3 mini goal: under 100kgs! by 17/9/12 my bday!..
dAnIeLLe

Postby tinny » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:32 pm

hm, I am not a big fan of these shakes - at the beginning one might feel they are efficient - but I think they cannot keep their promise over a longer period of time.
tinny

Postby SydneyPT » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:01 pm

Any weight loss drink will of course work for anyone looking to lose weight. Almost 100% guarantee that it will contain less calories than what people stuff their faces with.

Just exercise a little self control, forget about shakes, eat a balanced diet and drink lots of water and you will start losing body fat.
Check out my Facebook page- Insanely Fit Personal Training
SydneyPT

Postby sofia22 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:10 am

I hate those shakes.

It always taste like **** and their some weird ingredients inside.

I'd rather bio vegetabes. They are a little bit more expansive, but it worth it in my humble opinion.

-Sofia
sofia22

Postby Bella_lestrange » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:17 pm

Hey I'm using the censored shakes at the moment and have lost just over 5kgs in 4 weeks. I always get the chocolate rush flavour which tastes pretty good and is easy to drink. It's not thick or too frothy like other ones I've tried. I have one for breakfast and one for lunch, and keep all my dinners and snacks low carb and I'm finding it surprisingly easy to stick to =)
Bella_lestrange

Postby PrettyInspiring » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:54 pm

When I first began I was using BLC shake and most of my weight was lost using shakes a typical day when I started was Breakfast: Shake (sometime would add ice and a handful of berries), Lunch: Soup also BLC with a small salad (would just buy the premix salad and add lemon juice), Dinner: Was what everyone was having but in kid size bowls I would have everything the same but just a lot smaller. Then I removed the Lunch time one and ate real food and then the same for breakfast. I believe it's a personal choice on the shakes if you can do them great if not thats a choice.
For me I had tried everything to lose weight and nothing was working and for the first time something was working and was losing weight I have lost it slowly it was all rapid weight loss it took me 2 years and 4 months to lose 70 kilos, I plateau put on weight lost it, it's a roller coaster ride weight loss no matter what ride you choose.
:)
Tanja
My Weight Loss in Total

Start Weight: 141 Kilos
Goal Weight: 65 Kilos
Weight Now: 71 kilos
PrettyInspiring

Postby Blitz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:06 pm

The trouble with shakes and other "special" dietary plans is they don't help you learn how to deal with every day real food in the world you daily live in. We got into our overweightness because we made wrong choices. We have to learn a better lifestyle. Shakes and the like put off that learning, so in the long term are not helpful.

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: Keeping it off for life!
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Carley » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:38 pm

I'm doing ultra slim because I like the flavour. I'm only doing it for a week or two but I need something to give me a kick in the right direction. I'll let you know how I go at the end of week 1.
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Return to Just Chatting