It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:39 pm

Free Newsletter

products

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

products

Postby gemma12 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:58 pm

I know you can buy a shoe horn to help put your shoes on so was thinking if there is a product which can support you putting your socks on or even support you to bend down.

thanks
gemma12

Re: products

Postby CronicBadger » Sat May 12, 2012 12:28 am

There are probably special mobility aids for this sort of thing available at your local hospital.

If you can't get back up after kneeling, perhaps use a gardening kneeler. Most gardening/hardware supplies should have them. They look like an upside down padded stool.

If putting on your shoes is still possible and not causing you actual damage then accommodating your weight issue might be the wrong thing to do. Wouldn't it be better to put up with the discomfort and inconvenience for the next six months or so, using it as a daily spur for your weight-loss effort.

I'm sorry if I may seem a bit harsh, and I don't know your personal situation, so you may simply dismiss my suggestion as unworkable. However, I've found that with myself and other people, it's easiest to change personal habits if the short-term benefits of change outweigh the short-term pain of not changing. By masking the discomfort and inconvenience of your condition you may lessen your resolve to actually fix the problem.
CronicBadger

Re: products

Postby gemma12 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:07 pm

thanks chronic badger! i will ask my local hospital and see what happens and thanks for the tips im glad you keep me motivated.
thanks
gemma12

Return to Just Chatting