It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:18 pm

Free Newsletter

Back - and trying again

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Back - and trying again

Postby apanda » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi

I was on here a few months ago - ok, maybe a bit longer than that. Haven't been on for ages.

I have recently seen the dr about my health (women's issues) and once again I have been told that I need to lose weight. I have seen the health nurse at the dr's surgery and she weighed me and measured my waist and I go back to see her in 3 months. So I have 3 months to lose some weight.

I have a problem though - I know that I can lose weight - I have lost weight in the past. My Problem is that everytime I am trying to lose weight if I notice that I put weight on - doesn't matter how much - 1kg or 100grams or evern 50 grams - doesn't matter. But as soon as I put weight on, I then subconciously self sabotage myself and by the time i realise that I am doing it, it is too late - the damage is done. And then I wonder why bother - and give up.

So this time - I have had my darling husband hide the scales on me - I have no idea where they are in the house and I have told him that if I ask for them, he is not to give them to me.

I do not want to weigh myself in the next 3 months. I do not want to see what my weight is doing. I am going to try my hardest to lose as much weight as possible in between now and then and I don't want to stuff it up.
apanda

Re: Back - and trying again

Postby Tea85 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 pm

What a great idea! And remember if you start to lose your way post post post!! So many amazing people here for support and encouragement!

Good luck on your journey. I look forward to seeing your updates :)
Tea85

Postby apanda » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks Tea85

I actually had a healthy breakfast this morning - fruit salad. But now my body is making me feel queasy because it is not used to something so good for me.

I even have a blog about my weight loss that I am going to be posting in aswell. So hopefully everything will be ok this time and I can change everything and lose weight.

And even my DH has started to eat healthy aswell - which is a little bit of a suprise with him. We actually have a good lunch today - chicken and salad.

Let's hope that this kind of thing continues
apanda

Postby Blitz » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:06 pm

It's tough starting new changes in your life but it is surprising how quickly your body does adapt. Stick with it and your body will revolt over the old rubbish you use to feed it.

Make gradual changes and it won't be as difficult. You need to develop a healthy lifestyle that works for you and then you will not go backwards again. It's great that your husband is doing it along side with you. It will make the changes easier and more practical.

Health is a really good reason to want change in your life. Think of ALL the reasons you can think of for losing the weight. Whether the reasons are small or large, just write them down. Then list all the reason to remain the same. The pay offs of being fat (yes, there are some, otherwise you wouldn't be fat in the first place). Meditate and seriously think about these lists. When you are convinced that losing weight is the only option for your life - then you will succeed, no matter how hard it gets.

Every time we pick ourselves up from defeat and try again, we get closer to winning. We take with us into the next try new skills, insights, knowledge and experience that make us stronger people. You have picked yourself up again and that brings you closer to winning! Now grab that prize!

Best wishes on your journey.
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby apanda » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Blitz wrote:It's tough starting new changes in your life but it is surprising how quickly your body does adapt. Stick with it and your body will revolt over the old rubbish you use to feed it.

Make gradual changes and it won't be as difficult. You need to develop a healthy lifestyle that works for you and then you will not go backwards again. It's great that your husband is doing it along side with you. It will make the changes easier and more practical.

Health is a really good reason to want change in your life. Think of ALL the reasons you can think of for losing the weight. Whether the reasons are small or large, just write them down. Then list all the reason to remain the same. The pay offs of being fat (yes, there are some, otherwise you wouldn't be fat in the first place). Meditate and seriously think about these lists. When you are convinced that losing weight is the only option for your life - then you will succeed, no matter how hard it gets.

Every time we pick ourselves up from defeat and try again, we get closer to winning. We take with us into the next try new skills, insights, knowledge and experience that make us stronger people. You have picked yourself up again and that brings you closer to winning! Now grab that prize!

Best wishes on your journey.
Kim

Thanks - that sounds like the kind of thing a friend of mine from work would say - about picking myself up and trying again and when my mind is right everything else will follow.

The main reasons I need to lose weight is because if I don't then I might have diabetes by the time I am 40 and if I don't then I will not be able to have a family - all of my health problems are caused by my weight - even my inability to have kids.
apanda

Postby Blitz » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:56 pm

As someone very much in danger of my health turning real bad I know about that worry. A steady stream of friends took me aside to warn me how worried they were about me. They didn't have to tell me - I knew already. Make this thinking big in your life and it will motivate you through the tough times.

Your thinking does have to change. You have to start believing in yourself. How do you do that? I started by building on something that I had done successfully. I told myself; if I've achieved that then I have what it takes to lose the weight that I needed to lose. Everybody has something that they can look to that they have achieved...even if it's successfully breathing for "x" amount of years on this planet. So convinced I was of success that when a TV reporter asked me what I would have done if I didn't lose the weight, I was speechless for a moment. The thought had never occurred to me that I wouldn't. I finally told him, "Failure wasn't an option."

Your health and your heart are telling you the same thing...failure isn't an option.

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Just Chatting